The Wild and Wacky DC Comics Covers of the 50's and 60's Fan Club Starts Here!!

Batwing52, welcome! Let’s include the cover you mentioned if only for how exotic it looks plus I’m a big fan of that Batman logo as well as his outfit of the time!!! That’s what he was wearing when I started reading this stuff!

4 Likes

That’s one too many aliens with weird powers!

I’m also a fan of Batman & Robin in space! Kind of jarring to see now however.

6 Likes

It really is jarring, maybe in weeks to come we’ll have to see if any of these have him in a special Batman suit (a la a certain giant movie that just came out where the heroes have a special uniform for travel)…

I did see one with what looks likethe Batmobile flying around in space, maybe I posted it above?

1 Like

bwana beast is in showcase 66 and 67, challengers of the 80s i know that and Animal Man as well.

1 Like

The Adam Strange run of the 60s is some of my favorite stuff from Mystery in Space and Strange Adventures.

3 Likes

I’m an Adam Strange fan as well!

The alien’s vacuum here reminds me of the dehydrator from the Adam West Batman movie.

2 Likes

@Deadmanbrand I love Deadman as well though I sold my run of his strange adventures 205-216, though I was missing 205 and I think 215 and 216 of the run. I ended up getting 2 sweet Batman The Golden Age omnibus’s out of it.

2 Likes

I think I own that Adam Strange one I have to look when I get home I just got Mystery in Space #84 with him in it.

2 Likes

Now that cover, fellow 50s and 60s DC cover fans, is art! Simple, elegant, powerful and dramatic!

3 Likes

The latest update just gave us a great new Batmite cover! Really dig how much story you can tell with two word balloons. Thanks to the team scanning/uploading old books, that’s quite an undertaking!

Detective #310

3 Likes

Thanks for posting deadmanbrand! Really wakes up those dormant memory cells! Grandpa Don-el loves him that old Detective logo, the Batman suit elegant simplicity, and that cra cra elven BatMite fan!

1 Like

Re: 'Tec #310’s cover, I bet Ralph Dibny would have some words for that stretchy, red haired fellah in the purple togs.

There’s only one male ginger that stretches and wears purple in DC and it’s not that mook menacing our heroes! No sir!

Cool cover though.

2 Likes

I have a cover begging to appear but I’m going to wait until tomorrow

1 Like

Let the egg jokes begin!

My oh my, what a villain! I wonder where he …scrambled too???

3 Likes

Anyone?

1 Like

I love the covers of Mystery in Spaces from the early days

1 Like

Mystery in Space, early editions. DCU doesn’t have my very favorite “… Discover the Amazing Secret of… THE SQUARE EARTH!” cover, but all of these are just magic…

5 Likes

I mean… could this get any better? swoon

3 Likes

Egg-cellent cover @Don-El! Sorry, been busy for a day or two, but will keep lurking about this thread when given a free minute.

2 Likes

Well cool I didn’t know the egg appeared on The Price is Right

1 Like