The Trench Movie in the Works

A trench movie is in the works but still no words on Mos2 SMH. Say what you want about Disney/Marvel but at least they don’t treat their main characters like garbage.

5 Likes

I am gonna go with ‘huh?’

1 Like

Marvels actors are willing to shave too …

There is something fundamentally wrong with wbpictures.

3 Likes

Paramount and their vendetta against shaving is baffling.

2 Likes

@Vroom, don’t blame Paramount for that, especially now, having seen what those reshoots were for: “Itchy”… “Hope is like your car keys,”… “Did you ever fight a hippo?”… “Slowpoke,”… etc. A bunch of extra cheesy comedy lines are hardly anything essential to the movie.

3 Likes

It is Paramount’s fault for why Cavill’s mustache had to be glossed over. They contractually forbid him from shaving it. WB had no other choice but to shrug and say “Uh, okay then. **** you too Paramount.” and do what they did.

1 Like

cbplanets makes a good point. It’s both disheartening and deflating hearing nothing but a total lack of news for the future of Superman in movies, along with recent bad news for Batman. Letting go of an actor who did great in the role is certainly bad news. Don’t anyone dare chime in with “Well, I didn’t like him,” when you didn’t even give him a chance to be in his own movie.

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with the WB. They know their market and the are catering to it.

1 Like

Literally Everyone: Give us Man of Steel 2 you cowards!

WB Executive 1: You now what will win us back the fans we’ve lost? A Trench movie, let’s do that!

WB Executive 2: Brilliant! Now hear me out, what about a movie based solely on super pets?

WB Executive 1: Genius!! high fives each other

5 Likes

@Vroom, WB had the choice to just not use him in the reshoots. Point out any of his re-shot scenes that were essential to the movie. It was a bunch of comedy joke scenes, like having him say “Itchy,” cheesy stuff like taking to the kids’ camera phone, calling the Flash “slowpoke,” etc.

2 Likes

@dnno1, when we’re all desperately asking for another Superman movie, but WB apparently has no plans for Superman in future movies, I’d say WB does indeed have a problem with not knowing who they’re catering to.

It’s not all about us being spoiled fans either, look at the actors. Henry Cavill is still posting Superman related stuff on social media. It’s hard to say he doesn’t look perfectly willing to play the role again. Amy Adams recently said she has no idea if she’s in the DC movies anymore, because no one’s even told her anything.

2 Likes

I want MoS2 and I am excited for The Trench. Their sequence in Aquaman was one of my favorites.

1 Like

I’m in no hurry to have another Superman movie. I do think it would make sense to have Supes appear in other people’s movies, guest starring roles suits him best. Batman is my personal favorite character, but I never want to see him in another team up movie again. Batman’s dark nature doesn’t work on screen with characters who are supposed to have a lighter tone.

The Trench seems like a good idea for a follow-up movie, as long as Arthur gets his sequel.

Uhhhh… did you guys forget WB offered James Gunn Superman before SS2?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/01/warner-bros-offered-james-gunn-superman-movie

WB isn’t abandoning Superman. They want to make it right. Superman is too big of a property to mess up again. They are looking for the best director and script to work with.

The Trench is a spinoff (if it does release). They can just forget about this if it doesn’t do well. They can’t do that with Superman. He has to be in the bigger picture of DC’s future movies. The Trench, not so much.

That’s the way I see it.

I think they’re leaning TOO hard into Aquaman now. Yeah the Trench were cool, but to make a movie solely about them is just pointless.

1 Like

This announcement seems like it was just made to cash in on the popularity of Aquaman. I think this will probably end up in development limbo.

1 Like

Hell, I’ll watch it.

Maybe the Trench is just the setting and antagonist for a Sea Devils movie. Like ‘47 Meters Down’ with a team of extremely capable divers in an experimental craft.

1 Like

Sea Devil’s and the Trench!!! I’m in!

2 Likes