The Superman Thread

Hurray!!!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @moro! Saw it was your Birthday and I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday on this thread! Have a Super Birthday today!!! :partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

:superman:

3 Likes

Thank you @Reaganfan78. Very kind of you :pray:

3 Likes

We talking JUST a Post-Crisis era timeline (1986-2011) minus the New 52 and Post-Rebirth (current) material or a current timeline that contains everything in canon from 1986 to now?

Also… Happy birthday @moro!

5 Likes

Thank you @TheCosmicMoth :pray:

4 Likes

Basically, anything that fits between Man of Steel (limited series) and Flashpoint.

4 Likes

I’ve said it elsewhere, but it definitely bears repeating (especially in the Superman thread and for obvious reasons), :superman: :superman: Happy Birthday, @moro! :superman: :superman:

I don’t suppose that’s remastered in HD, by chance?

I owned the show on DVD, so if its SD, I’ll hold off. Heck of a deal though, no doubt.

3 Likes

This reading order up through line item #81 (New 52 begins with #82) does a pretty comprehensive job. It lists the tpbs the comics are collected in, though, so your friend may need to Google search the tpb names to get a good idea of what issues they collect.

5 Likes

Thank you :pray:. You’re too kind @Vroom.

3 Likes

says the following in his best Don LaFontaine, aka “the movie trailer narrator guy”, voice

In 6 days, the action begins!

I absolutely cannot wait for that mag to drop. Its easily my most-anticipated book for next week.

…and just wait until I burst at the seams for Superman #1 when its just days away from release. :wink:

Footage of me saying “Any time.” :superman_hv_4:

justice league superman GIF by DC Comics

3 Likes

That is a fantastic deal compared to what I paid for individual seasons on iTunes.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m (obviously) eagerly waiting for this as well.

I need to put in an order for a copy. I think the main cover is the way to go for this one.

3 Likes

Likewise.

I was going to nab some variants, but I like the A cover so much that I’ll stick to it and it alone.

Now, if this variant was ready available at cover price…

…you can bet the box of Cheerios seen on the Kent’s kitchen table in Superman: The Movie that I would buy it alongside the A cover.

Alas, the above is fairly limited, so A/main cover it is.

2 Likes

The A cover is quite excellent, but I have to go with my heart with the Lee Weeks covers for this run. Though I might get the Sandoval variant in honor of Pacheco in March!

That PG cover is a bit more PG13 if you know what I mean! Ooof!

5 Likes

Pic? I bet I’ve seen it, but its not ringing a bell, offhand.

Yeah, it is. :smiling_imp:

It amply highlights something I have an ample passion for…comic books, of course.

coughs in a nonchalant fashion

What? I love them comics.

coughs again

Oh, dear. I need a Soder.

pops open a Soder and sips, pinky out

Ah, super.

5 Likes

I’ve always wondered if PG’s breasts could rip a guy’s arm off

2 Likes

Here’s the Sandoval variant for 1053!

5 Likes

Now its ringing a bell. I might nab that one.

Speaking of Pacheco covers, one of these things is not like the other:

Barcode aside, who else notices the difference between the two covers?

2 Likes

Booba aside I wonder what that kryptonian inscription on her cape strap says. :thinking:

1 Like

I think it is SD, I will still pick it up because that is a glaring hole in my DC Collection

2 Likes