The Superman Thread

I posted this in another thread awhile back, but I love it so much that I wanted to bring it here. Fellow Superman fans: The 1988 Death of Superman Conspiracy Theory.

Just in case you’re worried, though, Walt Simonson went on record saying this theory was wonderful but not accurate.

3 Likes

Umm… Here are those answers for what @Moro was asking about in the Williamson q&a

5 Likes

I’m very excited by this, it’s nice they’re going back to the House of El idea!

I admit people changing their ages here is a little trippy.

4 Likes

Also, the format of Action Comics seems to be in line with Batman Urban Legends, which isn’t a bad thing as long as it stays Superman-centric.

3 Likes

It almost sounds like it’ll be fatter.

3 Likes

Not sure. I am kind of hoping not because that means the comic will go up a few bucks per issue. Maybe fatter than it is right now but not 100-pages, even though that is what is inspiring PKJ.

2 Likes

Well if we all suddenly get an inheritance, we’ll be able to afford the new Ultra and it won’t matter LOL.

2 Likes

Actually my wife said I could get it for Christmas but that would be my gift LOL …she’s got me thinking…

3 Likes

All these announcements from NYCC have me feeling good! Looking forward to the new format and the relaunched Superman!

4 Likes

Damn, I skimmed through this enough to understand the gist of it. True or not, I’m glad it never happened. I would have hated being deceived for years like that. The effect would have been similar to what they did with Wonder Woman in Rebirth: “Sorry, what you read for the past few years and enjoyed immensely was a bunch of lies. Get over it”. Still think that book hasn’t managed to hit its New 52 highs since.

5 Likes

I just love how much sense it makes and how much evidence there seems to be for it despite it not being true. It’s a wild coincidence and a cool fan theory.

3 Likes

:man_dancing: :man_dancing: :man_dancing:

Johnson, Williamson, Taylor, and Jurgens on Superman and the Super Family? ■■■■ yeah!

• Hope the new format for Action doesn’t mean we get less PKJ.
  • It’s great that the Superman monthly is coming back. Jamal Campbell on art is an especially great development. His work on Far Sector and Naomi was top notch.
  • Taylor’s new Jon book is only a 6 issue mini. Wonder if we go back to only two Super books after that, or if new mini-series spin out of Action and Superman.
  • I’m happy that young Jon fans will be getting some more stories featuring him.
  • Very cool that the Phaelosian (I think I’m butchering the spelling) twins will play a role going forward.
  • Love the redesigns of the Super family suits, but would like to see another cape or two.
  • They mentioned Power Girl getting a story of sort, but what about Kara & the others? Guess we’ll have to wait & see.
5 Likes

You just love picking up those bread crumbs as you go along, huh?

Something tells me you would have been a fan of Columbo, seeing how he makes all the pieces fit every episode. Show was a fixture for my old man and my older siblings. Don’t know why my mind went there; I can be weird sometimes.

4 Likes

I like mysteries. But, nah, I didn’t put this one together. I just think it’s cool that there is so much “evidence” to back it up. I never saw those moments like that, so seeing them in a new light and through another set of eyes is pretty neat. It shows that one person’s plot hole is another person’s conspiracy theory…

3 Likes

Oh, for some reason I thought you wrote that or had a hand in it.

I see the light now.

4 Likes

Flattered, but no. I never wrote for Bleeding Cool. Though, I did point out to them the time that Mark Millar ripped off John Byrne.

3 Likes

Have they announced a price point for that?

2 Likes

Looks like $99 a year.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is all I ask for a modest Superman line of books

Superman
Action Comics: the two traditional in continuity titles
Adventures of Superman: stories not set in current continuity for Val-Zod, Superman '78, Kal-L, that sort of thing)
Justice League of America
World’s Finest
Justice Society of America (Power Girl)
DC Comics Presents: Superman and a friend
Superboy (Conner)
Supergirl (Kara)
Steel (John and Nat)
Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes (Clark Kent as a kid with his Amazing Friends)
Son of Kal-El
Super Sons (set in the past)
Lois Lane
Jimmy Olsen
Superman Adventures (kids title)

a tight lean 16 comics a month :smiley:

8 Likes