The Superman Thread

But how do you feel about Fire and Ice in the recent Human Target series? :smiley:

I’m personally disappointed that they’re continuing the same Power Girl writer, but I have to admit, I’m not the world’s biggest PG fan outside of her classic history with Barbara Gordon in Dixon’s Birds of Prey series.

3 Likes

Haven’t read it. I’m sure its a fine read, but the latest run of Human Target hasn’t really looked all that interesting to me.

3 Likes

You should check it out for the art at least! It’s gorgeous!

4 Likes

I would, but…

wheels back in his work chair and points to the figuratively huge stack of comics behind him, then wheels back into his desk

…I need to catch up with those, first.

3 Likes

eyes stack skeptically…

4 Likes

Hey, don’t eye my stack without at least buying me breakfast, first.

thumbs over to a McDonald’s

I’m in the mood for some breakfast burritos and plenty o’em. I’m a growing Kryptonian you know, so I needs my nutrients.

5 Likes

This week’s :superman:uper-reads:

Brand-new on DCUI and as usual, a week prior to its retail release:

New to Ultra:

5 Likes

Really enjoying Superboy: Man of Tomorrow! The creative team has a great feel for the character!

8 Likes

it would be a dream come true if they would make a lois lane omnibus

6 Likes

I’ve only read the first issue, & enjoyed it quite a bit. Can’t say that I know Superboy that well myself and it did a pretty good job of at least introducing where he’s currently at as a character. Between him and Power Girl (and even Jon but to a lesser degree), lots of “finding one’s self” questions in the Super family nowadays :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Absolutely amazing Henry Cavill Superman by Gene Ha…

4 Likes

A very cool fusion of multiple Superman looks by the enormously talented Dan Mora…

5 Likes

Give him red trunks.

3 Likes

I like that it’s a blend of different looks personally. Some Fleischer, Kingdom Come, DCEU, New 52 all represented. Trunks aren’t a make or break thing for me.

3 Likes

They are for me. Just removing them makes it too much blue ruining the whole color scheme.

5 Likes

To each their own! :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve always liked the red underpants. One day, it struck me how appropriately humbling it was that in a world where men can spend thousands on ridiculous business suits that are supposed to signify an imaginary social status that holds so much power yet really means nothing, the most important guy on the planet wore red underwear outside his clothing. That’s a good vibe.

4 Likes

Trunks. Not underwear; trunks. It’s only underwear if it’s worn under the clothes… and underwear has a junk opening :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think we’ve treaded this before, but what’s a Superman thread without talking about ‘em? I’m partial to the trunks, myself, but they’re not the most crucial part of the suit for me, visually speaking. For me it’s the cape and the S. The cape needs to be there. I’m not very fond of capeless designs, with Superman Blue being the exception. It had electric sparks all over that made up for the cape in a way. The S… I prefer a big striking S, and I’m partial to the tried & true :00_superman1:. I’m open to other designs, as long as they’re not super small (pun intended) like the Golden Age S.

6 Likes

Trunks, all star/for all seasons style.
Reeve’s S design for chest and cape usually but I also like the old black background with the red S.

3 Likes

One my favorite AVGN episodes!

4 Likes