The Superman Thread

Ok so more thoughts:

Johnson went ham on two things here, relentless action and Clark’s depiction as a badass champion. The action sequences were very well done. Seeing the Warzoon hordes yell “For Supermaaan!” as they went into battle was sweet. Clark & Mongul’s “boss fight was exactly what we’ve been waiting for, and then some. That’s where the badass champion thing comes in. Giving up the fire or Olgrun to save the life of the Phaelosian kid tells us how much Clark values every life. The dialogue along the way shows how much of a badass Superman is. Example:

Then there’s the moment he gets his powers back. Cue the John Williams or Hans Zimmer music:

Then there’s the team working with Supes. I won’t even provide blurred spoilers here, but I will say this: if DC decides to make an Authority series with this team, I’m all in. There’s a Fourth World reveal regarding one of the members that I’m curious how will play out in the future.

Clark and Lois making out in the sky will never get old.

As you can see from the shots above, the art is top notch. Several artists contributed, but it was all very consistent. I couldn’t tell where one started and the other ended.

It was all very epic and cinematic, not a dull moment. The Warworld Saga is a magnum opus, something I can’t wait to get collected in an omnibus to have on my shelf.

To be honest between The Unity Saga and then this, it’s been a good few years of being a fan of Superman comics. Bring on the next arc, DC!

5 Likes