The Speed Force September 2021 Run Log

It’s funny, but now that you mention it…

The Fitness Thread: https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/the-fitness-thread/3213850?u=stevetrevor2.0

The Batman workout, which is a bit more doable:

2 Likes

Just finished the DC Super Hero Run live and in person

3 Likes

Looks great! Nice to see races are back.

Which medal did you get? All three maybe?

2 Likes

Yes actually! :grin:I did all three. I did Superman and Wonder Woman virtually, and being given the opportunity this year I did Batman as my live event. It was a blast!

1 Like

You guys logging any miles this year? I completed the Central Park Super Hero 5k today

Hope you guys are doing well

3 Likes

Love the medal collection!

I’ve been bicycling recently until my achilles tendon heals up. I’ll be back out there by September.

3 Likes

Thanks, and be well. I’ve never had that injury myself, but one of my good friends did and he took a while to recover.

Keep logging those bike miles :man_biking:t2::biking_man:t2::biking_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Just headed out this morning for my first run since last month’s 5k.

My body does NOT likely me right now. Only a couple of miles, but I felt it.

3 Likes

Has anyone registered for this year’s virtual race. They have some pretty cool swag this year.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s so weird. I didn’t think they were doing it this year because I’ve been watching the centralized DCSuperHeroRun site and they don’t have any 2023 details yet! (still says “MORE INFORMATION ON 2023 RACES COMING SOON”)

But lo and behold the individual Wondy, Bats, and Supes runs do exist!

I skipped last year because they were kind of body shaming with their size selections. Looks like they corrected that this year and have a fairly wide range, but can’t seem to find a sizing chart to confirm. Frankly, the train wreck lack of organization is not instilling a lot of desire to give them money.

We do not offer any size exchanges post packet shipment. All changes to sizes need to be made prior to confirming registration. We highly recommend that all participants take care to view the sizing chart to order the correct size.

If anyone finds said sizing chart, would love a link, though…

3 Likes

I always forget how expensive these runs are… I might do the Batman run but I have to think about it. Thanks for posting the links!

3 Likes

I always go back and forth on the cost of virtual races. I did a bunch of virtual versions of races that couldn’t happen in person due to the pandemic, but still waffle on companies that are just virtual and not “mostly charity donation”. (I know the DC Runs have three or four in person locations, though.) My wife looks at it as “am I willing to pay $X for the shirt/jacket/whatever,” so I’m currently contemplating how often I’d actually wear a puffer coat in my life, let alone one with a :wondersquadron1:/:batman:/:superman: logo on it.

I use the lightweight hoodies from a couple of years ago all the time, and I love the tech hoodies that Gordy’s Pumpkin Run does. But I fear the puffer coat(s) would just be closet clutter.

3 Likes

This is exactly how I am looking at it. Is it worth the money, and how often would I wear it? Because they look cool, I can’t debate that.

I wear hoodies a lot, I’m not sure I would wear a puffer jacket… but it looks so cool. :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe it’ll be my excuse to go out more often. When its cold.

3 Likes

Honestly I only do this races for the swag, otherwise I would just go for a run. :grin:

I look at it like spending x$ on the swag, particularly to show my insane DC fandom. :00_dc_2016: :00_batman_1989: :00_superman1: :00_wonder_woman_1982:

4 Likes

Oh, absolutely agreed. In person races are fun for me, especially when they let me run somewhere I wouldn’t normally be able to (horse tracks, (vehicle) racetracks, air force bases, zoos, the center of the busiest road in town, and so forth. But it definitely comes down to the swag.

My hemming and hawing this year is around whether I’d actually wear the puffer coat to show my insane DC fandom. :wink: Nobody sees it in the back of my closet.

3 Likes