The Speed Force October 2021 Run Log

Live sp:jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:ky. Run sp:jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:ky.

Username Date Sport Distance Time Emoji
@msgtv 01-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: 4.15 m :dc:
@keath 01-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: :crescent_moon: 2.4 m 22:13 :slightly_smiling_face:
@msgtv 02-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: 4.1 m :dc:
@stefanie.m 02-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: 2.08m 19.33 :flash_hv_5:
@msgtv 03-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: 4.1 m :dc:
@keath 04-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: :crescent_moon: 2.4 m 22:20 :jack_o_lantern:
@SteveTrevor2.0 02-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 11.3 m 2:54:27 :cake:
@stefanie.m 04-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunset: : 3.39m 34.50 :hot_face:
@msgtv 05-Oct-2021 :running_man: 4.1 m :dc:
@msgtv 06-Oct-2021 :running_man: 3.5 m :dc:
@keath 06-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: :crescent_moon: 2.4 m 22:54 :pinching_hand:
@stefanie.m 07-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunset: : 2.07m 19.47 :hot_face:
@keath 08-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man: :cloud_with_rain: 2.4 m 22:05 :sneezing_face:
@SteveTrevor2.0 10-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 9.7m 2:23:20 :crazy_face:
@stefanie.m 10-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: : : 2.15m 21.25 :halloween_batman:
@SteveTrevor2.0 10-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 2.1 m 36:24 :confounded:
@stefanie.m 13-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: : : 2.09m 19.47 :cowboy_hat_face:
@SteveTrevor2.0 14-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 3.3m 57:23 :persevere:
@stefanie.m 17-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: : 3.87m 39.32 :grin:
@SteveTrevor2.0 17-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 10.5 m 2:26:31 :crazy_face:
@stefanie.m 18-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: : 2.08m 19.04 :halloween_batman:
@SteveTrevor2.0 19-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 5.0 m 58:54 :grin:
@stefanie.m 21-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: : 2.10m 18.52 :flash_hv_1:
@SteveTrevor2.0 10-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 4.0 1:03:16 :tired_face:
@stefanie.m 23-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_woman::city_sunrise: : 4.22m 40.09 :nauseated_face: :sunglasses:
@SteveTrevor2.0 10-:jack_o_lantern:ct-2021 :running_man::deciduous_tree: 10.0 m 2:07:08 :00_wonder_woman_stars:
3 Likes

1 :jack_o_lantern:ct 4.15
2 :jack_o_lantern:ct 4.1
3 :jack_o_lantern:ct 4.1
5 oct 4.1
6 Oct 3.5

4 Likes

Going to need to find a new track soon…

@PMoslice are you passed season 2 on zom run?

4 Likes

My running BFF and I went to some trails we haven’t run on together in years to celebrate my 50th birthday. At one point in my life it would have been a 50 mile or 50 k run to celebrate, but nowadays 11 miles was more than enough. The trails were typical New England rocks and roots, the foliage was on the edge of turning, and it was a nice cool morning. Good stuff.

It might have bothered me that I have two friends who are still running 100 milers in their 60’s, but recently our ultrarunning community got together and I found that apart from those two guys in their 60’s, my friend and I are about the only ones who are still able to run at all, so I guess now I am just glad we are able to get out there and get in the miles we can. And, if I’m being honest with myself, after finishing up the run I had zero desire for more, and she doesn’t either. We actually laugh about how stupid we were in our youth.

Anyone, enough complaining from this cantankerous old man. I still managed to tire out a 9 year old at my birthday party so I guess I’m doing okay. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

My concession to age is that I don’t time anything anymore. Paying attention to time makes me want to run faster, I run faster, I get injured. So, and now the back of my right knee has bugged me for more than a couple of weeks. It’s getting better slowly. My solution, I just keep running.

5 Likes

@stefanie.m I am up to season 3 episode 5. But I haven’t been running consistently enough to actually be at that level. I have to lower the distance to something more manageable.

4 Likes

@SteveTrevor2.0 I’ve just celebrated my 43rd and my last run I struggled to compete 5K so I think your in excellent condition and an inspiration
#rungoals

4 Likes

Thanks! Honestly, it’s just great to still be out there. Not a lot of people our age who can still put in any miles at all!

4 Likes

Oh I was just wondering if you got to the part with the zoms that are mind controlled :exploding_head: what a twist youre way ahead of me in the season lol also happy belated bday!!

Haven’t updated in forever buuuut I ran the longest ive done in a looong time and only got slightly nauseous at the end :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That app looks super fun. I’m already too invested in just using my Garmin to add yet another device, but I like the gamification aspect.

3 Likes

Just logged most of this month. I started using Noom this week to try and track my calories and change my bad eating habits. After my back surgery in 2012 I went from my racing weight of 190 to my heaviest at 250. I managed to lose 10 pounds along the line but have been sitting at 240 for the past year, even though I started running again.

The app wanted me to eat around 1,400 calories a day as base and then it adds more calories depending on activity level. I stuck to around 2,000 per day, doing my normal runs and callisthenics/stretching on my days off. My runs were pretty weird this week.

Felt normal for five miles on Tuesday, then on Thursday, after four days of low calories, I suddenly hit the wall at two miles in. The wheels fell off entirely, and I ended up cutting it short and walking it in. On Friday and Saturday, I added more calories in but still ate less than I normally would. Today’s run went so well I cannot believe it. One of our fastest times on a rocky, rooty, hilly trail and I felt great. I am down six pounds for the week (mostly water, but I’ll take it) and I have a better idea going forward as to what I need to eat to drop weight but still be able to run.

Anyway, things are looking up for me right now so I had to share!

3 Likes

Its super fun, every time they say collected a pair of trousers or 9 mm bullets makes me laugh. Plus you get to use the supplies to keep your town happy and defended.

Oh man glad you got your rhythm back!! Also 10 mile days whoa dude!! :+1:

3 Likes

Your town is looking pretty spiffy. Good job on keeping everyone alive! :laughing:

2 Likes

Man im behind, this is the total for October.

4 Likes

Wish I could figure out how to get my Garmin to tell me those stats! I can view it as the last 4 weeks but can’t customize the actual dates.

I’ve been pretty consistent with one long run on Sundays and then two shorter runs during the week.

I’ve started to need my headlamp during the week since I run after work. It has slowed me down a bit. I used to careen through the trails in the dead of night but now I worry about falling more than I used to.

2 Likes

Thank you for this! Ive been a bit hesitant about running in the dark after work now but I found a light that should work and I feel a bit like iron man lol.

Nice stats by the by!!

3 Likes

Thanks! Hope you enjoy your Iron Man runs. It is kind of fun to be playing in the dark when everyone else is indoors.

3 Likes

Oh jeez, I’ve totally fallen off the wagon - both the running regularly wagon and the November Run Log thread wagon. Will try and remedy both tomorrow!!

3 Likes

I’ve been jogging the past two weeks since my company has a step challenge for this month. I want to win the Visa gift card lol

5 Likes