The Shy Mod 👀

@biff_pow Hey there!

@BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh That is correct, @HarleysPuddin is one cool guy!

1 Like

@HarleenNapier Hey you!

@deku_ Nice to meet you as well! Feel free to tell me about yourself, what is your fav DC character?

@macjr.1962.50796 Thank you so much for sharing! I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago. Mainly close to Downtown near the lakefront. My Grandfather (now Deceased) and uncle are retired Chicago police officers 30 plus years and My cousin is CPD as well.

My father was born and raised on the south side as well. My mother originally from the Sip (Mississippi) and moved to Chicago where she met (and married shortly after, soon to celebrate 48 years of marriage) my dad during her college years. I am the epitome of an introvert for sure, but one thing about us introverts is when we feel comfortable, we can talk for days!

I am an only child so being by myself has always been something I have been cool with, but it can be difficult when opening up to new people. Even when I have company it is like " I am glad you’re here and all buuuuut I am ready for you to go now" Or “invite me to the party butttt I probably won’t go” (but still…I want an invitation, HA!).

Anywho. DCU forums are a great place to meet new people that share the same interests. I can honestly say it has helped me come out of my introverted shell (A bit). So welcome everyone, and feel free to let me know something about you!

3 Likes

@iJest Hey there! Thank you for being here, I truly hope you enjoy the service :heart:

2 Likes

@Vroom (Dory) you are absolutely right. I think us introverts try to find that happy medium. Like I love a good conversation but do not talk my ear off! Hahaha

2 Likes

@Star0fLyra Yes indeed! :speaking_head: Southside! (literally “yelling” which side of the Chi you’re from is the Chicagoan thing to do) HA! You should definitely visit again. Shopping, lakefront activities, Downtown, Gold Coast, Water Tower, the yachts on the lake are soooooo much fun in the summer! If you do ever decide to move you look at some of the North, Northwest suburbs (to be close to the city) and find beautiful neighborhoods with only a train ride away from downtown.

1 Like

Lo. Cool name.

2 Likes

@WhySoSerious_Lo, another issue that at least some of us introverts face, or at least I have to deal with, is even when you know people well, individually, getting them all together in one room changes everything. The dynamics of the interactions between all these people are all different in a social setting, and it is a challenge to figure out how to adjust to the new dynamics of the social group. When I was young, I could deal with it better, but as I aged, I grew to distance myself, more and more, from social events.

And yes, it is awkward to have people over, even though it feels nice that they took the time to visit, but I am just not used to them being in my space, no matter how much I like, or love, them as individuals. I think they all sensed this, and long ago stopped coming for visits, or inviting me to parties or gatherings, that I was probably not going to go to. And of course, there is the letdown that they all moved on without you, even though you are the one that let them all drift away without you.

I hope that you never get as isolated as I have become though. I am guessing you are much younger than I am, although that could be wrong. Just try to not let your introvertedness turn you into a shut-in hermit… unless you have a lot of hobbies to keep yourself busy with. :wink:

MACJR

1 Like

@WSSL I can converse with the best of them, but in an appropriate manner like you said. Sometimes its just nice to sit back and give your jaw a rest from jawing, right?

BTW, I am perfectly okay with you calling me Dory in the future (She rocks!). Just sayin =)

1 Like

:hugs: Hi! Glad to have more introverts to join me online! I am so thankful to have found all of these wonderful fans! It is so great to have social life (health benefits abound & I want to live a long time) again! I have WALs on my calendar & it is so super duper! Thanks for saying Hi! It’s nice to meet you @lo! :hugs:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Oh & I am in Rural IL! Should meet up with us @ the end of August for the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con. Tentatively, planning a group meet up on that Saturday in the Embassy Commons Area! Feel free to wear a super hero mask (it is a comic convention after all) & yes, it is a bit anxiety inducing to meet in person. Superheros face their fears on the reg. We can all do it for a day! :wink: