The Recommendation Thread

For @ProActress: Justice League United

(It’s got Cliff!)

7 Likes

And @biff_pow would love Doom Force Special from 1992

7 Likes

I really want to read that but I also feel like I need a little bit of emotional preparation before I do and by a little bit I mean a lot

6 Likes

I’ve actually read some! I’ve been meaning to get caught up though.

6 Likes

So have I, lol.

5 Likes

You definitely do lol

5 Likes

I read it once long ago, I believe. I can’t remember most of it. It’s in my reread as soon as I get back on DCUI list.

I recommend Batman: No Man’s Land to everyone. It’s great. Do you like Harley Quinn, Cassandra Cain, the three island map of Gotham, and the Dick and Barbara romance? Because NML is the story that introduced all of that to canon! Do you like action, mystery, romance, hope, and just plain fun? It’s the greatest story ever! It inspired The Dark Knight Rises, a season of Gotham, a season of Harley Quinn, Zero Year, and more! 10 out of 5 stars!

Just look what these well respected people have to say about it!

Be the change you want to see in the world and read NML. - Gandhi

I can’t help falling in love with NML - Elvis

Education must not simply teach work - it must teach NML. - W. E. B. Du Bois

What more valuable than Gold? Diamonds. Than Diamonds? Virtue. Than both together? Batman: No Man’s Land - Poor Rochard aka Benjamin Franklin

7 Likes

thank you, i do! and even though it’s (good) satire, i actually unironically like the characters :flushed:

2 Likes

Oh… my bad lol

2 Likes

I’ve already read NML, but forget a lot of it, so I’m considering rereading it.

3 Likes

He is only in 3 issues.

2 Likes

True but he’s an official member of the team

1 Like

Actually no. He is not. They just gathered a few people not on the team and sent them. Stargirl was the only one there on the team.

2 Likes

nobody’s bad! it gives me an excuse to talk about it!

2 Likes

swirls sugar into his tea and then sips from it as he looks out onto the DCUI veranda while the peacocks mosey past

Do tell on why this is a recommendation for moi, good sir.

grabs a cookie from the nearby tray of cookies and nibbles upon it

Mmm. Scrumdiddlyumptous.

2 Likes

I know you like WildStorm, and I think I remember you mentioning somewhere that you like zombies.

2 Likes

As Woody said to Bo Peep in Toy Story, “Ohhh yeah.”

Zombies are hit and miss for me as they’ve been pretty played-out for the last decade. Under the WS banner though, I’ll give them another chance.

Thanks for the rec, Skip! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Anytime!

2 Likes

I’m 99.99% certain I heard of Victorian Undead when it came out, but I likely passed on it for more interesting reads.

2 Likes

OODC held a read-a-long of it here :slight_smile:

2 Likes