:stargirl: :stargirl: The New Golden Age Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :stargirl: :stargirl:

We’re just a little over a week away from the next Golden Age release, Stargirl: The Lost Children #2!

Here’s a look at its covers:

Main cover, by Todd Nauck.

B cover, by Mike Maihack.

Holiday variant, by Crystal Kung.

Stargirl: The Lost Children #2 is also a day and date retail/DCUI release.

Whether you read it here, or grab the mag from your favorite comic spot, be sure to chime-in on the latest Golden Age adventure!

4 Likes

Source?

2 Likes

It was announced to be a 12 issue limited series months before issue 1 came out. We were talking about it on the discord page.

3 Likes

WildC.A.T.S was announced as an ongoing, while Waller vs. WildStorm was the mini-series of the two new WildStorm titles.

This thread, where in @BCDC asked writer Matthew Rosenberg about it.

BCDC had this to say:

4 Likes

So its a Schrodingers Ongoing got it.

2 Likes

To be fair very very few “ongoing” series make it to issue 20 anymore, so a 12 issue mini is basically a full run these days (not that I blame DC for this, just how the market works these days).

3 Likes

Star says she is lucky they gave her a shot.

Considering she rescued them all from Mordru and was then instrumental in defeating Black Adam and Obsidian they really had no choice.

She is so humble, that she makes Clark look as arrogant as me.

3 Likes

Pre Flashpoint jla jsa by Carlos Pacheco

5 Likes

Five days later and I only now discovered a typo. Oops.

5 Likes

Everybody is serious…

Then there are Stargirl and Plastic Man.

6 Likes

He has in some ways they were featured in Stargirl’s spring break special.
Other topic:
I am looking forward to learning how Powergirl will fit into the new universe.

5 Likes

My guess is Power Girl still has her pre flashpoint origin used by Geoff Johns.

3 Likes

I am not sure that is the case, since this is taking place on Earth 0. The origin Geoff introduced she is Kara Zor-L from Earth-Two (pre-Crisis). Yet new golden age has her around in 1976 (the year of her introduction into DC). and we also see her interacting with Supergirl during dark crisis…yet she also has knowledge of SHadow demons of the first crisis in Dark Crisis: The dark army. also, Dark crisis THe big bang: earth two has yet to be restored. So it should be interesting to see how it happens.

4 Likes

It is much simpler if Power Girl was from the same krypton as Supergirl, but the main problem has always been they both are named Kara, both are cousins of superman, so that was probably why Geoff Johns had to say Power Girl was from another universe when he used Power Girl during pre flashpoint. It would be much simpler if Power Girl was just 1 more relative of the earth 0 Superman. Nowadays, there are plenty of kryptonians from Kandor, phantom zone, Phaelosians. Power Girl is still part of the superman family so she is probably still related to the Superman from another universe. During pre flashpoint, we had 3 similar hawk couples for a while which was difficult to explain if you do not use another universe.

2 Likes

:thinking: Kara Gets there earlier then Clark, Takes the name Karen, falls in love, and has a Baby Kara Danvers. Or she is a remnant.

4 Likes

5 more days.

3 Likes

In the infinite multiverse or omniverse, dc already has many power girls that can be used in the earth 0 justice society. Pre coie earth 2 justice society has a Power Girl (used by Geoff Johns for his pre flashpoint justice society). Pre Flashpoint earth 2 justice infinity has a Power Girl. New 52 reboot earth 2 has a Power Girl. Kingdom Come has a Power Woman. Earth 0 has Power Girl Tanya Spears.

3 Likes

For Stargirl, yep :grin:…JSA…1 month :sob:…unless its getting a digital first release.

3 Likes

The date is 1976.

5 Likes

During the bronze age, the only Power Girl was the pre coie earth 2 Power Girl. Later on, we ended up with more Power Girls plus 1 Power Woman from kingdom come. The kingdom come superman was used by Geoff Johns in the pre flashpoint justice society for a short time. For the current Huntress in the current justice society, there were plenty of options not used by Geoff Johns: pre coie earth 2 huntress last seen in convergence, pre flashpoint earth 2 justice infinity huntress, new 52 reboot earth 2 helena wayne, earth 0 helena bertinelli, so maybe Geoff Johns got tired of getting justice society members from the infinite multiverse or omniverse.

3 Likes