The New Generation of DC Movies & TV Is Here!

I dunno, I hate it when they fall so behind on that stuff. It’d be like Marvel doing the wedding of Scott & Jean in an X-Men film, when those two have been split in the comics for quite some time.

4 Likes

I personally really don’t like comic book synergy and would prefer that they just make whatever they want.

4 Likes

Could they sell that to a general audience? Are they going to go all the way back and explain this is Dick Grayson, he WAS Robin, But Batman or BRUCE WAYNE is dead now. Assuming they do this, I’m expecting those tools out there saying we need like a 10 movie set-up just for this.

4 Likes

Gunn described Damian as Batman’s son, so unlikely.

6 Likes

I’m not in favor of synergy exactly, but when they fall back on something from what feels like eons ago…I dunno. I mean Dick has been retired from Robin for over 4 decades now. But thanks to things like film and tv, that character is forever stuck there in the public consciousness. Hell, people thought he died when DC killed off Jason Todd, lol.

4 Likes

They’re together now, actually. Have been since they both came back to life.

4 Likes

Who?

3 Likes

Scott and Jean.

4 Likes

Ahh, well joke’s on me but then again, I haven’t read Marvel in…well let’s just say it’s been a while.

3 Likes

DC posted this on Facebook, so yeah, no Dick. Sorry guys…and maybe even the women wanting Batman with a tight butt lol

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD — The DCU will introduce its Batman and Robin in this unusual father-son story, inspired by Grant Morrison’s comics: https://bit.ly/3wGMPtA #DCStudios

4 Likes

And the bi/gay guys like me who also want tight-butted Batman.

5 Likes

More power to you my man! :wink:

Maybe it’s for best they don’t get Dick. I mean, who could fill in that particular part of the role? If they ain’t packing it’d end up like the reactions to Keaton or Ledger Or Pattinson, lol.

3 Likes

Surprising nobody, I’m extremely happy to see the Green Lantern series is still happening, especially with Hal and John. And that’s important to the rest of the plans, which is great to see.
I’m also very happy to see Batman and Robin established, especially with Damian.

11 Likes

I am also happy to see Hal and John, even if I wish to see Jess onscreen someday.

4 Likes

Hopefully Ted Kord makes an appearance with Booster Pratt!

4 Likes

I think one of the biggest advantages of a TV series versus a movie is allowing characters like Jess to make appearances more easily. A movie appearance would take a big chunk of the time, I’d think. But I’m sure lots of lanterns will pop in and out for different episodes, like on the animated series.

5 Likes

It’s great to see James Gunn being a powerhouse for DC entertainment!

The Creature Commandos series looks great. Finally, a good cool horror-ey looking show, from a name not many people may have heard of. Waller also makes for a great serial drama, and pairing it with Peacemaker could get even more interesting!

Still can’t believe 10 new things are coming to HBO max… unless I miscounted

I thought this thread was about DC movies and shows returning to the DCU app, but a Durlan can dream…

4 Likes

I just hope they put the money into it for the CGI. I don’t want CW level effects…

6 Likes

Pfft, you and your standards. I was hoping more like Power Rangers level

8 Likes

Creature Commandos

'nuff said!

6 Likes