❤The Lovin' Jason Todd Thread! ❤

Thank you LadyBat

5 Likes

Thank you :hugs:

tumblr_muiob57ATu1sghvrlo1_500

5 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @TheWifeOfJasonTodd! :partying_face: Thank you for being a fabulous member of the community and keeping us all up-to-date on the latest Jason Todd eye candy. :wink:

jason-todd

7 Likes

:tada: Happy :dc: Anniversary @TheWifeOfJasonTodd!!! :partying_face:

:white_heart: :plate_with_cutlery:

6 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And thank you for being one of the lovely mods of this lovely community. I can’t imagine any other place that’s as great as this one, and I’m proud to be a member here :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you dearest friend! I feel as though I should share this:

0d5d7c379fece6700267082db3932a41c86ac211

Dinnertime is in a few hours :plate_with_cutlery:

And the lovely Red Hood logo is still just as lovely as the first time I saw it :heart:

6 Likes

So funny enough, I was actually thinking about this last night, not realizing that today was my DCUI anniversary. I had this idea for it though because I knew it was coming up, and I want to share it specifically here, since today is the day

When I first joined, I initially chose TheWifeOfJasonTodd persona because I wanted a cool persona that stood out, like most people here do. But then I started thinking, and I felt like the Mrs. Todd persona became a character of her own, or a representation of some sort. In real life I’m a young single lady trying to enjoy my 20’s, but Mrs. Todd is married to a gun carrying vigilante and has dinner with the Batfamily. So if I may, I’d like to write a small essay about her and what she means to me as a character that I play online. Prepare yourselves, because I’m an English major, and we write long essays :sweat_smile:

While she’s not an official character of DC, she represents the idea of a character falling in love and settling down despite not being the type to. Jason Todd is a character who is rough around the edges. He has a sore past, he has trauma, he has trust issues. In the comics, Jason has mentioned that he has never been one for family, or at least the idea of the family that has the white picket fence and apple pie life. Mrs. Todd is the idea that he can, albeit not exactly the way we imagine. She is the type to care for him in a way not many people have. She cooks for him, she tends to his wounds if he has any, and she doesn’t judge him when he has to make harsh decisions as the Red Hood. She understands that his view of Justice is different, but that he’s not exactly a bad person. She picks him up when he’s down, and all in all she is a representation of how most fans of Jason love him. Jason is a character that is Mister Misunderstood, people either do understand him or they don’t. Mrs. Todd is able to see through all of that and is willing to love him against all odds. She is soft and sweet, but is just tough enough on her own when the time comes for her to defend herself and those she holds close to her.

Jason is a character that would, realistically, be somewhat dangerous to be with due to the amount of enemies he has as the Red Hood. Realistically, if Black Mask or even the Joker found out that the Red Hood had a partner or significant other, they have an easy target if they wanted to come after the Red Hood from an emotional and personal standpoint. But the Wife of Jason Todd doesn’t care, in fact, she’s willing to go toe-to-toe with anyone who tries to come after her, the family, and her home. She provides a safe haven for not just her husband who has lacked one for numerous years, but she also provides one for his allies and other members of the Batfamily if needed. And this not only applies to canon Jason either, but any version of him, from the Arkham Knight, to the Titans show version, even the most recent Gotham Knights version.

But recently, she’s become more than just centered around Jason. She is the older sister type, or the girl next door, or even the fun wine aunt. She tries to offer advice or comfort to those that need it, and she tries to pass on tales of her experiences to those younger than her, giving them the advice she wish she had gotten when she was younger. She reminds those that we all go through rough times, but in return we also get great ones. It is important to note that Mrs. Todd herself is also young, being legally old enough to get married, but young enough to have hope for whatever the future awaits as long as her partner is by her side to go through it with her. Ideally, this is what the positive idea of marriage is, as long as you don’t just view it as a fancy piece of paper. Marriage is supposed to be two people who love each other, respect each other, and want to share a life together and face whatever gets thrown at them. In the Todds case, it is whatever supervillain threat comes to Gotham that week, as well as anything that could happen that’s considered a normal obstacle.

In conclusion, she is what I aspire to be one day when the time comes and I have more things figured out. She’s also an idea of what a happy ending could be like for a character like Jason, although realistically it would be impossible because his story has to keep on-going. Marriage is a weird subject in DC comics, it works for some but not for others, so she is best as a fan fiction type of character. She represents how the hardcore fangirls view themselves, because Jason has a lot of them and I’m not the only one out there.

Lately I’ve tried to sometimes make it clear that she is a character I play and I try to break character by posting something more realistic or personal, because 1) people get concerned when you always act like a fantasy version of yourself, and 2) her and I are not exactly the same as I’ve stated before. But she has become more than an online persona to me, and I wanted to share that today.

TL;DR Mrs. Todd is not just a character, she has become an idea. Thank you for reading this if you made it this far :heart:

6 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

Your Bae’s comin’ back LadyBat! :+1:

6 Likes

tumblr_3e0663c2fb2d7c2ced01051fbfb2c6b0_fe6621f7_1280

giphy (49)

6 Likes

:smile: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I had not seen this yet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::hugs:

8 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :hugs:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Analyst9998!!!

7 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad to be here

6 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd
This week’s Wayne Family Adventures Webtoon is the best one so far.

8 Likes

Two things I love combined into one?!

This is what winning feels like :grin:

“Cheer up Jason, tea is supposed to bring joy.”

8 Likes

Don’t care if it’s silly, this video made me cry bad. :sob:

8 Likes

:pleading_face:

Thank goodness JT is back with his family, safe and sound. :relieved:

The rekoJ continues to roam free and who knows who he will make a victim of next. :angry: It could be Tim, Steph, Cass, Lucas- anyone. Enough is ENOUGH! It’s time for Hal and the rest of the corps to override Bruce’s blatant conflict of interest when it comes to the clown.

The rekoJ must stand before the Guardians council and answer for ALL of the Sector 2814 violations he has committed over the years. Surely he will be found guilty of those crimes and then finally, FINALLY get what he deserves- the obscurity of a Sciencecell for the rest of his days. This NEEDS to happen!

9 Likes