:00_flash:The Flash Season 9 Discussion Thread:00_flash:

This episode was an insult to my eyes. How horrible can this show get?!!!

6 Likes

Or just focus on characters of THE FLASH. I kind of don’t like the idea of The Flash show using their final season to wrap up stories of other characters who had their shows cancelled FOR A REASON. Just my opinion

3 Likes

Sometimes I feel bad for complaining about how bad this last season is. Maybe these initial episodes help save money for the final episodes where they’ll need lots of cg and guest stars. But then I remember the last season of Arrow.

Remember how bad that last season was? Remember how they crammed a back door pilot to Green Arrow and the Canaries just before the season ended, or that most of that final episode was about Mia? Granted, Oliver was dead at that point but the only thing that truly felt like a finale to Arrow was the funeral scene in the last fifteen minutes.

They wasted so much time in their last season. With The Flash it’s a little different because they’re not setting up a spin off no one asked for, but they’re still wasting time and that’s the frustrating part.

Now, there’s hope this week with the Dreamer episode before they take a small break. Here’s hoping that episode is a return to form and the remaining episodes go out with a bang :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That seems to be a common mistake these days with entertainment. Studios are too focused on building up the next project (when there’s NO guarantee), instead of being primarily focused on wrapping up their current story. That’s kind of what’s killing The Flash’s final season right now; too focused on wrapping up the stories of other characters, when their shows were cancelled for obvious reasons.

I wasn’t a fan of that Mia and the Canaries episode, but I still liked the series overall. I feel Arrow’s finale came in better compared to Supergirl and Gotham.

4 Likes

The flash forward stuff with Mia was always the worst parts of the episodes for me. And then they had it for two seasons. It was clear they were trying to do a spin off, which is fine cause that’s how we got The Flash but it wasn’t interesting.

At this rate just give me ONE Flash-focused episode this season and I’ll be happy

4 Likes

That’ll probably end up being the last one lol

3 Likes

IMDB is showing this last episode as the worst of the entire series. And by a large margin.

3 Likes

Really? I remember how amazing that season was. The previous 2 seasons were just kind of OK, but seeing Oliver go on this worldwide/multiversal journey for the Monitor that brought back a ton of great characters/locations really felt like a great way to send the show off. Maybe I’m just a sucker for the fan service, but I still count that as one of the show’s better seasons along w/ 2 and 5. Quite frankly I wish the first part of this season was at least a little more like Arrow’s last season, but they’ve still got time to deliver a truly epic sendoff

4 Likes

You’re not the only one who really enjoyed it. Arrow was my very first comic book series growing up as a kid, first watching at age 10. I was introduced to Green Arrow through that show. And while the show’s definitely has had its high and lows, its one of the reasons how I got into comics. My favorite seasons were 1, 2, 5, & 8. So, you can imagine I cried when Oliver died in Crisis and watching the last episode lol.

3 Likes

Not enjoying this as much as in the past. It just seems all over the place. Like they had a bunch of ideas laying around from past season that they are trying to squeeze into one season. Also, hasn’t been the same since Tom Cavanagh left the show.

4 Likes

The crossover stuff was good. The flash forward stuff…not so much.

4 Likes

At least that was minimal compared to previous seasons since they were able to bring the future characters into the present. I didn’t get super into the flash forwards before, but I found myself a lot more invested in those characters once they were able to start working off the modern ones

3 Likes

Episode 6 was good. I do think that they should just get on with the season, stop with the filler episodes, especially since it’s the last season. I do think it will get going soon and i think it will be a great season with all the past villains returning. Excited to see how it will go! :00_flash:

5 Likes

Plenty to take in w/ this week’s episode but all I can think about is…why wasn’t Lena at mimosa brunch???

5 Likes

I really enjoyed this week’s episode, but in some ways it still felt like filler to me. Really, thus far, this doesn’t feel like the final season of a TV show. Still, it was nice to see Nia again.

3 Likes

Might be old news now, but did anyone drop the show after this scene

This honestly might be worst moment than Joe wanting Thawne to live. I hated that in the final season, they killed Frost and now Catlin.The OG member of Team flash to create a blank slate who they have to develop as a new character instead of giving their established character an happy ending. The only good thing about this horrible decision is seeing Danielle Panabaker acting quality in portraying a different character. She’s going places with that level of acting.

4 Likes

It’s like what I’ve been saying for years, the only, only reason I’m still seeing this show is because of Danielle Panabaker, literally, not even for Grant Gustin, but for her.

5 Likes

Another atrocious episode, this show is just garbage!!! But as someone who dropped Supergirl before meeting Dreamer, I really liked her.

4 Likes

Agree on that. When there is a good Arrowverse character, you feel it in your gut. No offense to fans, but Allegra, Cecile, and Chester were really unnecessary additions to the team. Meanwhile I was hoping to see more of Ralph and Sue and Meena part of the team.

5 Likes

Meena, really?

5 Likes