:00_flash:The Flash Season 9 Discussion Thread:00_flash:

They had already announced it was Ryan Wilder.

4 Likes

Chillblaine betrayed Barry, what a shocker, it’s Barry’s own fault, so I don’t feel bad for Barry. Red Death being Ryan Wilder was no surprise in the least because they already announced it.

3 Likes

So I think I’ve figured out why I’m not enjoying this season so far, despite the fact we’re three episodes in…this string of episodes feels less like the start of a season and more like three filler episodes in the middle of a season.

With a final season and a shorter episode run, it should feel like we’re building to something. Instead it’s the same mini-arcs we’ve had for the last few years where subplots are stuffed in to pad out time.

And as much as I hate to say this…wow that was a bad delivery on the last line of the episode. I’m sure she’ll be fine the next few episodes but you’ll often hear how a line can be botched and take you out of the scene? Never was that truer than last night with “I am vengeance!” They couldn’t have done a second or third take?

6 Likes

E3

Great episode

Chester and Alegra dealing with their relationship. Kihone living life and introducing us to Bob and Kesha.:sweat_smile:

Barry needs a team. Nice to see some rouges. Goldface is always fun. They squabble build trust if revealed and betrayed. Nice fights between them all. Cool presence with Red death before they left.

Nice moment between Barry and Iris. Wylder missing is interesting. So is that her or a variant. Think it might be her effected by the negative Speedforce since RF is gone. :thinking:

Is that really Ryan? What does she want? Can team Flash stop them? All this and more Same Flash Time Same Flash Channel

3 Likes

Episode three was really good. Ok, so here is my theory on the Red Death. So I think the current Red Death is not the real Ryan, in the promo for episode four it kinda looked like ryan was going to iris and barry for help. I think the Red Death might of captured her and she’s going to Barry and Iris for help since they’re the only people she knows in central city. I think Red Death is a different version, or doppleganger, or from the future, or clone of her, I don’t know. But I think that the negative speed force is connected to Cobalt Blue because of the ending of season 8. Episode three was a really good episode I liked the whole Goldface finding out about Barry, glad to see S9 pick up. :0_flash1: :0_flash: :00_flash1: :00_flash:

3 Likes

I’m not enjoying it because it’s The Flash, simple as that, LOL.

3 Likes

I loved last night when batgirl quoted michael keatons 1989 batmam saying"wanna get nuts come on lets get nuts." Its such an iconic scene I know it by heart.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community.

4 Likes

thank you for welcoming me.

5 Likes

Well, last night’s episode definitely did not feel like filler.

Over all I have to say that I enjoyed last night’s episode. My only real caveat is that to me when Ryan was with Iris it felt almost like she was just making things up as she went along. I would have thought she would have had everything planned out in advance. She would have had an explanation for everything.

4 Likes

I do like her briefest conversation with Iris.

I always had liked their friendship in Armageddon as it revealed a perfect end to her arc with Sophie where they are married and plan on having a kid. That was actually wholesome.

3 Likes

So, I was two episodes behind and I just caught up today.

I’m liking the Red Death plot line. I kind of assumed they might not do Bruce since we haven’t had a real actor for them in the Arrowverse yet. But I was still surprised by the Ryan reveal. I am curious where this Earth’s Ryan is though. I’m sure we will find out eventually.

I will say I loved Javicia Leslie’s acting in this. I never disliked her acting but it felt so much better in this than it did in Batwoman and I’m not sure why. Maybe she just plays villains better?

I do enjoy the trope of people figuring out Barry’s identity when he thinks he is being stealthy about it. Though, I’m not sure it is a good idea for Goldface to know his secret identity, it is funny for now. And speaking of Goldface, I am hoping for a revenge episode for Amunet later in the season. Because that will be fantastic.

My only problem I had is that if Mark is actually dead, it only took Caitlyn and Frost’s death for it to happen. That doesn’t feel equivalent to me.

Overall, I liked both of these episodes. It feels like this season is finally moving now.

3 Likes

E4

Awesome™:+1:

Alegra and Chester put their relationship on hold for now. And Joe and Cecil are staying after realizing that Cecil can’t quit. Interesting. Still think they’ll move at some point in the future.

Red deaths plan begins. Barry captured and another returning foe. Nice scene with him and mark. Ryan is an alternate version but why is this earths Ryan missing :thinking:. The suit up was cool and the nuts line was fun. Than the doubles cross and marks sacrifice but I think he may still be around. Things are heating up. Enjoying this new twist on red death.

What will red death do next? Can team flash stop her and her team? Is mark really gone? All this and more Same Bat Time Same Flash Channel

3 Likes

E4 was great. I think that the Red Death trying to go back in time is only the tip of the iceberg since we know that almost all of the villains from earlier seasons are returning. Also Stephen Amell will be returning as Arrow. Super excited for how this all will turn out. Glad that Cecile and Joe are staying, I honestly think that they would need Cecile all the time, and the danger would probrably just follow them if they left. I think it will end in kind of like a crossover where they have to save the whole world. I think that the villians will probrably on team Flash’s side like they called in backup or something. Great episode, excited to see more!

2 Likes

I continue to hate this show, how hard would it have been to say Red Death is from a different universe instead of timeline!!! Why does this show continue to act as if the Multiverse is dead?

4 Likes

Probably because they never did put in any developments where the characters discover that the multiverse is still alive. Granted this definitely could’ve been an opportunity to reestablish that for them, but I feel like it could’ve also been kinda anti-climactic to them to have this big realization only for the show to end soon after

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @turtlegamer14.74345! :wave: I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the episode. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :flash_hv_1:

4 Likes

That’s what I mean, they’ve had way too long to reestablish knowledge of the Multiverse yet they never did, this was literally their last chance and these morons couldn’t even do that.

3 Likes

Bingo! See you get it.

3 Likes

So many new people this week. The more the better.

Welcome to the community

5 Likes