The Flash Movie. (Ezra Miller) …Ok….this is INSANE!

So, if Spacey’s behavior had been made public around when American beauty came out you’d have said “trash it”?

1 Like

I’d say they should just hurry up and release it now and not worry about bad press, they’re wasting way too much time and money withholding it.

2 Likes

So incase some people have troubles understanding. I’m not saying that inappropriate behavior like that is acceptable anywhere or anytime. You’re still a bad person doing those kind of things whether people find out in 1 year, 10 years or even never, the person eventually pays for it. If Spacey’s behavior was revealed prior to the film’s release, and the filmmakers knowing how his character acts in the film, then yeah, it would be very, very weird and unsettling to see Spacey’s character do what he does, as Spacey in real life is facing the backlash and accusations. With no doubt, they would’ve stopped it at the time. But because that’s not what happened and Spacey’s actions were shown to the world in 2017 or 2018, and the film has already been out for around 22 years now; just leave the movie alone. Yeah, people won’t look at the film the same, and those people won’t watch it. I didn’t care much about the film, and don’t care about the actor at all, but to go back and erase time and pretend this film never happened, because of this guy’s actions, you’re also kinda taking from everybody else who worked on it. Things went the way it did, and unfortunately Spacey’s character reflects his own behavior irl, and vice versa, and I can imagine that not many people will watch it. Only those who don’t know the story will.

1 Like