The Evolution of Lobo

What have you heard about the chaotic, dolphin-loving mercenary-for-hire? Our resident historian Joshua Lapin-Bertone takes us down memory lane to learn about one of DC’s most criminally under-discussed characters- LOBO!

Find the article in our News section, or by following this link:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/evolution-lobo/

Are you a Lobo-lover? Or are you just now starting to dig his vibes post-read? Let us know in the comments below!

11 Likes

Love the 2 part episodes of’The Main Man’ in Superman the animated Series. I think that was Lobo first animated appearance. Brad Garrett does a great job playing him. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This was an excellent article!! Love me some fraggin Lobo🤘🏻

BTW, is there gonna be some dc daily tonight?

4 Likes

Give me more Lobo.

3 Likes

A great read, Applejack! Lobo has a special place in my heart. Wish there was more 'Bo on this app like Lobocop, Contract on Gawd, the old west Elseworlds anthology, and his first regular series. I still have a bagged copy of the first encounter with Superman after his return from the grave, with the color-form 'Bo and Supes in multiple action poses.

2 Likes

“Belt?”

2 Likes

I just started watching Justice League Action on Hulu and I love Lobo in it. The whole show does every character (besides Plastic Man’s voice and Swamp Things atitude) perfectly.

3 Likes

So much Lobo Love!!

@OverSizedGeek, I’m not sure why there’s a delay with DC Daily, might be a tech difficulty? Hopefully we have something up soon :confused: Sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer!

3 Likes

This thread has inspired me to watch “The Main Man” later tonight. Such a fun episode.

3 Likes

Lobo from Superman The Animated Series is my favorite. I hear Brad Garrett every time I read a comic with the Main Man in it.

3 Likes

Saw him for the first time in Superman the Animated Series, and always liked him as a unique, entertaining character. I like characters who use the leather n’ spikes style, lol.

2 Likes

“Whoa, mosquito!”

Always remember…Lobo’s got your cover enhancement right here!

3 Likes

I Love This Character.

1 Like

Alan Grant’s an underrated writer. It would be great if his Lobo run popped up on DC Universe.

2 Likes

He is a good writer, very underrated. Due to his name and the popularity of Jurassic Park, when he introduces himself to someone, I wonder how often he says “No, it’s just a coincidence.” with regards to his name.

2 Likes

Thats whats so wonderful about you @Applejack, you always DO answer rather than ignore :+1:t2::grin:

3 Likes

Thanks @OverSizedGeek. Sometimes I do miss people’s questions, but I answer when I can :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Never read any comic featuring him but based on cartoons he’s great!

2 Likes

If you think he’s great in animation, then buckle your seatbelt because the comics are so much better (not to take anything away from the 'toons, because he’s great there too). He cuts loose in all manner of entertaining, mature ways.

2 Likes

I notice that this article actually confirms what was implied in that recent promo: DCU is getting Krypton season 1! For those that missed it, that’s a great show.

1 Like