The End is Nigh - Aquaman Cancellation

Anyone else see Aquaman is being canceled?! :sob:. I’m not an expert but maybe quit changing our characters and maybe sales would remain consistent…
Or maybe we will have another universe crisis…has been a few years!

All that being said, a Geoff Johns/Ethan Van Scriver ‘Rebirth’ of Aquaman would be awesome!! i.e, GL and Flash…

8 Likes

I saw that. I’m guessing Green Arrow got canceled a long while back too cause I haven’t seen anything from him.

3 Likes

We’re righting the middle of Death Metal. I’d expect a soft reboot at the end of it, around January and likely some new #1’s Aquaman included.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t anticipate DC working with EVS anytime in the near future, if ever again, until he distances himself from ComicsGate. Which doesn’t seem likely to happen.

6 Likes

This works with the title of the thread but I don’t want to hijack the Aquaman part. Young Justice, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, and Hawkman are also ending.
I take no joy that a series ends because I can simply not read it if I don’t like it but I admit I won’t miss any of them.

2 Likes

Young Justice has been a massive disappointment that cleared up nothing about their history. And also it gave us Drake.
Teen Titans has ruined Damian after I felt Super Sons did SO MUCH to make him likable and less of a sociopath.
I would actually consider YJ and TT to be harmful to the legacy of their characters.

Hawkman and Suicide Squad I am not invested in. It’s still playing out but if SS actually makes Ted Kord a villain then good riddance.
Aquaman has been a mess for a long time.
(All just my opinion).

4 Likes

@SWhite agreed. Wasn’t a big fan of most of the books of“Rebirth” … did see that Drake once again will be Robin. Too little too late. He was my favorite after Dick. They done him wrong. Just one of many casualties…

3 Likes

@mikevelasco0411.35761 feel the hits will just coming…

1 Like

Where did you see that?!

1 Like

Comic Book Resource maybe… something about Damien leaving TT and Tim coming back as Robin…but also saw TT was being canceled… take everything with a grain of salt…

2 Likes

I wonder wheather its because of the layoffs or they are planning a relaunch after Death Metal ends.

2 Likes

Kind of sad that Aquaman, whose movie grossed a billon sells at the 17,000 range.

1 Like

Yeah seems like dc has layed off some folks.

1 Like

I’m sure Fandome will shed some enlightenment on the whole DC upheaval

1 Like

I saw a post on Cbr which is good news for all of us wanting DC Universe for the comic books same as Marvel unlimited.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been thinking, Death Metal will reboot everything and restore the continuity. I hope to god they fix Wally West, they need to undo the events of Heroes in Crisis and not make him a new Metron.

3 Likes

@TheSandmanofGotham Yeah, he’s right in that “Hal Jordan as the Spectre” phase of his redemption arc. Can’t wait till someone gets him to the 'just retcon the whole thing away phase. Like you said, hopefully thats soon.

3 Likes

WTH?

1 Like

Johns/EVS on Aquaman Rebirth…SIGN ME UP!!!

2 Likes

Why should EVS distance himself from Comicsgate?