The DC BOOK CLUB! How To Join

Funny you should say that! We may just be visiting it in conjunction with the reading this month - our friends over @Superman-Fan-Club listen to the 40’s radio show every month, and just might have something up their sleeve… :eyes:

14 Likes

The Superman Homepage ran a collection of them last year.

I had the “Justice for All Includes Children” series when I was growing up in the 1970s.

10 Likes

Is “Superman Smashes the Klan” going to require a DC universe subscription to read?

5 Likes

Hey @pnkypie627.89486, welcome to the community! Excellent question - each title chosen for the DC Book Club will be free for the entire duration of its respective discussion and will not require a DC Universe Infinite subscription during that time. So yes, you will be able to read “Superman Smashes the Klan” even if you do not have a currently paid subscription.

Keep your eyes peeled for the discussion thread being posted on May 10th! :eyes: Please let the moderator team know if you happen to need anything.

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks so much.

6 Likes

Ahh! That would be awesome!

6 Likes

Excuse my eagerness, but has the discussion thread been posted yet? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

The discussion thread for this month has indeed been posted, my friend! You can find it here → DC Book Club Vol. II - SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN (2019)

8 Likes

Thank you so much, LS0M!

If you haven’t joined the DC Book Club yet, be sure to click the “Join” button on our Group page- Joining the #dcbc gets you front-of-line access to talent Q&As (this month, we’re welcoming Gene Luen Yang!) as well as exclusive digital downloads each month :sunglasses:

Discussion is already kicking off for Superman Smashes the Klan, and we can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

8 Likes

Hi AJ, quick question (sorry if this isn’t the place to ask, or if it’s already been answered).

It seems like all club-related threads are set to Watching. Is there an automatic toggle I can hit that will just put them all to Tracking? I just don’t want my notifications to be so clogged up anymore, but I still want to explore the threads on my own. Thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can I second this? It seems like every time an update to Book Club happens all my notification setting get messed with somehow. I’m not really sure what is going on.

6 Likes

Oh I thought I had done something in my settings! Glad it’s not just me!

6 Likes

Sure thing!

Head to your Preferences, thusly:

Toggle thine dcbc tag from “Watched” to “Watching First Post”, like so:

If you find these settings seem to revert or disobey, please let me know and I’ll have a stern talking-to with them.

(Tagging @Row.Harper and @Bar-El for their sweet, sweet edification, as well!)

10 Likes

Great! Will keep you updated if there are still issues. Thanks :angel:

5 Likes

Thank you! This helps a lot!

4 Likes

dcbc doesn’t show up for me

3 Likes

I feel so enlightened :bulb:

4 Likes

You have the dcbc tag under your “Watching First” setting - you won’t be able to have two tags in two different notification settings, but you can play around with how you want them to appear :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello old friends, and welcome to the new friends of the illustrious #dc-book-club!

If you are reading this, you are now part of a book club with a membership count of over 1,000 members strong! :exploding_head: We are so thrilled to have you here, and hope that you have been enjoying the thoughtful conversation we’re having about SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN this week.

ICYMI: We are accepting “front of line” questions for Gene Luen Yang, writer of SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN, NEW SUPER-MAN, and BATMAN/SUPERMAN! You can submit your questions right here. :point_left:t3:
Questions asked by members of DC Book Club will be at the top of the list, included before this event goes public!

Mr. Yang will be joining us 2021-05-18T21:00:00Z to answer your questions- stay tuned, we will be sure to send you notifications as the date approaches :superman: :superman_fan_club:

8 Likes

:flushed:Whoa! :partying_face:CONGRATULATIONS DC Book Club!:confetti_ball::tada: Welcome new members as well!!!

5 Likes