Happy Asian-American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, League! It’s the dawn of a new era in the pages of New Super-Man, and you’ve got a front-row seat for all of the action and adventure! Read on for all of the fun!
New Super-Man #'s 20-24, the “Sea of Change” arc featuring the Justice League of China
Bonus Read(s): The New 52 OMAC series, which stars the Kevin Kho OMAC.
While not a Justice League-related title, it does star one of DC’s more notable new Asian-American characters from the last decade. Following the end of his solo series, Kevin however did become involved with a Justice League, as he appeared in the New 52 Justice League International series, where he made his debut at the end of #8 and stuck with the team until the series’ conclusion in Justice League International Annual #1.
For the bonus content, you can check Kevin out in his solo book and his adventures with the JLI. If you just want to stick to the main tale in New Super-Man’s Justice League of China adventure, that’s super too. Read what you like, when you like, League.
- Have you read any of this week’s thrilling adventures?
- Who is your favorite Asian-American DC character?
- Check out the DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration one-shot, new in stores this week!
Grab your favorite boba and pull a chair up to the dim sum table as we celebrate Asian Heritage Month with all your favorite Asian DC characters, old and new! Join Cassandra Cain, Katana, Green Lantern Tai Pham, the Atom, Dana Tan (a.k.a. Batman Beyond), Red Arrow, Lady Shiva, Damian Wayne and the al Ghul clan, New Super-Man, and more as we present new tales of these characters from their thrilling history! Plus, Cheshire Cat’s relationship to Cheshire is revealed as Shoes asks Selina Kyle to take her under her wing as Cat Girl. And that’s just the start!
- Watch this fantastic Library of Congress: Behind the Book spotlight on Jim Lee and other noteworthy Asian-American creators from DC, which is moderated by the writer of this week’s main read, Gene Luen Yang:
- Stop by the DC Book Club’s latest adventure, where Superman Smashes The Klan is highlighted. Check that out here, and if you’re not yet a member of the DC Book Club, you can join the fun right here!
That’s our mission for Week 20, League! Its a lot, I know, but it’s very much worth your time, I assure you. Whether you read the main Justice League of China tale, further indulge in the bonus read(s), watch the Library of Congress spotlight on Jim Lee and other titanic AA talents or pick up the Festival of Heroes one-shot whilst reading DC Book Club’s latest super pick, you will absolutely have a ton of fun this week, of that I guarantee you!