đź’Ž The Catwoman Thread đź’Ž

The place to be discuss and celebrate all things Catwoman. Comics, movies, TV, fan art, cosplay, etc. Come on, don’t be shy!

13 Likes

Julie Newmar, my first Catwoman and my all time fa.
s_topTEMP425x425-7928

9 Likes

Even though I grew up with a lot of DC cartoons, somehow I never actually saw Catwoman in any of them. It wouldn’t be until my early teens when I finally got around to watching “Batman Returns” that I finally saw…Michelle Pfeiffer :sparkling_heart:

She is absolutely perfect in that movie! As far as live action goes, she is the gold standard. The only other live action performance I thought came close was Zoë Kravitz. I loved her in “The Batman”. Although…the mask they had her wear was just ridiculous :rofl:. I’ll cut just a little slack since this is the first appearance of her version and just starting out. They still better fix it in the sequels! Aside from that, she was still divine

As far as comics go, I admittedly don’t have a lot of experience following her. Of course she shows up in several famous Batman stories and I’m a fan of Gotham City Sirens. As far as solo material though, I’m only familoar with the current ongoing. I liked Joelle Jones’s run, Sean Murphy did a couple of issues that were fun, and Ram V was great too. I’ll be honest and come clean that when I first tried Tini Howard’s run, I dropped after a few issues. But I’m going back to give it another shot.

And that is the background regarding my knowledge and exposure to Catwoman.

12 Likes

I completely agree with you! While she set a high bar for live action, Zoë Kravitz did bring a unique and memorable touch to her role. Both performances were truly standout.

8 Likes

@NCharles39

dbdba5c0555ad78691653b1d7a67c193

7 Likes

Sure! :laughing: This will be my new “home base”. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::catwoman_hv_3::black_heart:

5 Likes

tenor

My favorite versions of the character :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (The Catwoman movie isn’t good, but Halle Berry’s portrayal alone keeps it from being unwatchable :smile::catwoman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_1:)

4 Likes

Catwoman movie? Your tripping! There was never a Catwoman live action movie

7 Likes

My pumpkin painting from almost 3 years ago.

5 Likes

Wasn’t there one? :smirk:
Catwoman_poster

4 Likes

Why are you showing me a blank picture of a city?

7 Likes

Look above where it says “Halle Berry is Catwoman”! :catwoman_hv_4:

4 Likes

Fine, you caught me…I can’t read

5 Likes

Don’t give in! Admit it, it’s just a Magic Eye or something.

6 Likes

@RG02, you like Catwoman, don’t you? :hugs::catwoman_hv_2::black_heart:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Yea I do, my profile pic is Batgirl by the way.

7 Likes

:flushed: Is it now? Is a full pic of it available?

@DC89 Do you recognize it? :thinking::00_batgirl:

6 Likes

My favorite versions of Selina are easily the ones voiced by Grey Delisle, particularly from Arkham City but also including Arkham Knight and Injustice. Ever since City came out I’ve just felt that she’s perfectly embodied the character and her voice remains the one I hear for Catwoman in the comics

As far as live action, while I of course love Michelle Pfeiffer and Zoe Kravitz, I still have to give it up to Anne Hathaway, who I think is underrated as Catwoman in general. I feel like Selina’s characterization is at her best when her motivation to steal is relatively split between justifying it as necessary to get by and just loving the thrill of it, and I thought her portrayal captured that so well. As soon as she backflipped out the window of Wayne Manor, I knew we were in for something special and she didn’t disappoint the rest of the movie :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I must admit I am NOT a fan of Michelle Pffieffer’s Catwoman AT ALL!

5 Likes