💎 The Catwoman Thread 💎

Harley Quinn: Can we stop for ice cream?
Batman: No.
Harley Quinn: But you stopped for Ice Cream with Selin-
Batman: FINE.

6 Likes

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

4 Likes

I’m finally all caught up with the Catwoman book. Curious question for y’all - do you see Catwoman as a killer?

I haven’t read a ton of Catwoman stuff so I don’t know how many times she might have killed. Or how many of those instances are still canon. While I agree that Catwoman can and does do things Batman can’t/won’t do, have her be a straight up murderer is a bit much. In the current Catwoman title, the context of how she killed Valmont as well as how she feels afterwards is still surprisingly in character. Not perfect and it still annoys me it happened but I’m not furious. And in the animated Hush movie, I remember her taking the “Batman Begins” loophole which I feel is also in character for her.

Anyway, what do you think?

5 Likes

I do indeed- it’s BG from her Year One story. :+1:

Spiffy BG image there @RG02. :smiley:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

OH. @RG02’s profile pic is B&W so I couldn’t notice her hair color. :laughing::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:

BG + Kitty episode rite here:

5 Likes

:purple_heart:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1: :catwoman_hv_1:

6 Likes

Batman: (Silence)
Poison Ivy: (Silence)
Batman: Do NOT ask me for ice cream!
Ivy: I wasn’t going to. But since you brought it up…
Batman: FINE!

6 Likes

I can’t speak for more recent books, but historically I don’t think Catwoman was a killer. At least not during the Golden Age and Silver Age.

6 Likes

I’m going to have to rewatch Halle Berrys Catwoman movie, I honestly don’t remember much about it, but I don’t remember thinking it was amazing, but it could have be the script and lack of a Batman. I loved Zoe’s Cat, I thought she brought more depth to the character then Michelle Pfeiffer did.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be allowed during the Silver Age. Same time, she was barely there for the Silver Age.

5 Likes
5 Likes

A week later.
Nightwing: Someone needs to drag Selina, Ivy, and Harley back to Arkham.
Batman: You do it.
Nightwing: Me? You’re the one with the car.
Batman: And I’m not having them beg me to stop for Ice Cream.

6 Likes

I’m excited to get Catwoman Uncovered

7 Likes

True Catwoman didn’t return to comic books until 1966. Pretty late in the Silver Age!

4 Likes

I think Zoe was great. But I’m not quite sure if she brought more depth than Michelle. Maybe once we get a sequel that will show. Also, there is no Catwoman movie! You must be thinking of something else.

5 Likes

I totally expect Batman to find Nightwing sitting on a rooftop with the GCS just enjoying some ice cream and gossiping

5 Likes

I’ll rewatch the old one but we might have a difference of opinion.

6 Likes

The idea of a female villain was just too much for the critics and censors. But we got her return with turning Superman into a cat. My all-time favorite Catwoman story.

Yeah, her last comic appearance was 12 years before this. In fact, she was already showing up in the show before this issue.

5 Likes

And then Red Hood shows up, takes a picture, and Nightwing, Harley, Ivy, and Selina chase him all the way to the Clocktower, where he shows Barbra, who posts it online.

6 Likes