The Batman (1989)

My favorite movie in ten batman franchise. The actors were well cast. Nicholson is still my faovlive action right Hamilton is still my favorite animated joker. I like Keaton’s batman but there’s some ioddities with his Bruce Wayne. Like why does e need reading glasses? As tha ha image to Clark Kent and Sherman? And why the weird mental play dumb attitudes. Batans sharper than that and especially Bruce Wayne. The music score is superb. Sad they never made a third movie with Keaton. But at least these two gave rise to the animated series

1 Like

7/10

How about no. :-1:t6: s’bad

My biggest grip with this movie will always be Keaton’s performance as Bruce Wayne. Val Kilmer defintely did a much better job as Bruce. Side note I think Kilmer’s performance as Batman and Bruce Wayne will always be one of the best of all time!

1 Like

I give 6/10

1 Like

Still a great movie no matter how many times I see it!!!

2 Likes

I have to agree with Mister Fleck. Val in my book was the best Bruce Wayne to date. I thought Keaton made a good Batman though. It’s a shame Val didn’t age as well as Michael though. Keaton still pumps out hits. What’s your guys opinion on a black Harvey Dent? I feel like this was or first taste of PC cultural appropriation. I love it

I love this movie because I can point it as reference to anyone who talks shit on Ben as Batman saying he wouldn’t kill. Michael literally kills so much in this movie, mostly involentary manslaughter but still. You can fight worrying about who didn’t get out of your way :man_shrugging:t4:

Not as good as I remember. It’s still really good but the scenes with Vicki Vale are a pain to get through. With that said, it’s still a 7/10 in my book.

1 Like

Thanks Jack for the laughs and the chaos!
“Where does he get those wonderful toys!”

3 Likes

It begins

1 Like

This is my Second favorite Live action Batman movie after the Dark Knight.

3 Likes

Took my first date to see this. Remember getting a comic at the movie more then the date…

3 Likes

Loved this movie as a small kid, made me fall in love with batman, crazy they got the joker nearly spot on then could never seem to do that again…

5 Likes

Great movie! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

1989… the obsession with Batman and all DC begins… ah, the memories…lol

3 Likes

What a classic

1 Like

Timeless classic. Masterpiece. The Bugs Bunny cartoon, the Coca-Cola drive-through commercial with Alfred. The opening title sequence. The Danny Elfman soundtrack. I was already a fan, but when this film premiered it was a whole new level of obsession. The entire world was all about Batman. There was even a Warner Brothers store in the mall for a while. I still have the movie-inspired comic and glossy photo trading cards. The ultimate highlight for me was when the Batmobile came to Atlanta’s annual auto show and we got a family photo. I got to stand right next to it. Polaroid, unfortunately, so the color and sharpness aren’t awesome … but still one of my most cherished keepsakes.

12 Likes

I know a lot of people would disagree, but I think this is the best live action Batman movie.

12 Likes

Is it possible to download the movie on the app?

3 Likes