The Batman (1989)

The Dark Knight of Gotham City begins his war on crime with his first major enemy being Jack Napier, a criminal who becomes the clownishly homicidal Joker.

What did you think about this Batman classic? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

1 Like

You wanna get nuts? Cmon… Let’s get NUTS! 5/5 stars

7 Likes

Why is this only available until 9/30?

4 Likes

It’s DC Universe repaid a good deal of money to be on here don’t take the damn movies away

i love this site but when you start taking things away you risk losing customers that paid good money for this service and taking things away makes little sense when i’m sure you own the rights to what you stream so please do not take away from us

3 Likes

I paid for the full year and it’s gone by 9/30!?!? What about all the people who haven’t paid for anything yet!?! Don’t start off screwing people.

3 Likes

Best Batman movie ever!

1 Like

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

8 Likes

So the movie is only available until 9/30? Huh?

1 Like

Seriously it goes away at 9-30? Its sounds like hulu and Netflix. They do the same thing. They post movies and they expire. The most ridiculous thing I have heard, especially with comic book movies.

I would also like to register my distaste with the movie, and others, being available for only 2 weeks. I realize that rights and licenses are complicated, but this service is already teetering on a knife-edge of “not enough content to make it worthwhile” and artificially creating scarcity by adding and removing content isn’t going to help that. I’m thinking particularly, here, of the comic selection, of which there should be vastly more.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why we must act like it’s the end of the world that there’s rotating content. Honestly, I prefer that. It forces me to discover other things. That being said, I’ll probably watch this quite a few times before September is over.

2 Likes

Quit Honestly i’m glad this movie won’t be on this site for very long. This isn’t really my all time Favorite Batman movie to begin with. So maybe they will start streaming other movies

1 Like

I understand Netflix and Hulu rotating content due to not being made by said company, but with a streaming service that owns all entities in it, that makes no sense to me. Your asking people to pay money for a fraction of the shows, movies, and comics that can be offered. Add more content fast or your going to lose a lot of subscribers.

9 Likes

Still THE Batman benchmark.

1 Like

until 9/30?! i sign up for dcuniverse to watch all dc movies and tv series anytime…

13 Likes

Where’s the “DC Universe Presents” that was mentioned in today’s DC Daily?

2 Likes

Still my favorite Batman movie Keaton as Batman and Nicholson as The Joker were great! Plus the cool dark style of Tim Burton and the fantastic score by Danny Elfmann.

5 Likes

Any actor portraying Batman after this is/was compared to Michael Keaton’s Batman at some point in time. I believe Ben Afleck’s performance as Batman as is up to par with Keaton’s (perhaps even better).

4 Likes

Still a great movie after all these years.

3 Likes