The Batman (1989)

I love this movie so much, I hadn’t seen it since I was a kid. It’s still awesome!

4 Likes

I admit to being one of those naysayers that didn’t believe in Keaton. I’m glad I was wrong, especially after seeing the trailer!!!
Then when the movie came out, I saw the movie three times the first day. If they ever make a BATMAN BEYOND movie, Keaton should reprise the role as Bruce/ Batman!

7 Likes

So the movie is only on for two weeks? And only shows have offline mode? I like a lot of this app but it needs some polish and more content.

5 Likes

Gentlemen! Let’s broaden our minds. Lawrence?
Lawrence hits play on the boom box and “party man” by Prince starts playing as The Joker and his goons have some fun…

9 Likes

This movie makes me cringe but I’m going to watch it because it’s batman and apparently only here until the 30th? I thought this app was a collection of DC universe. I’m just a noob to the world and trying to get into it.

1 Like

The movie is a classic but at the same time the entire series suffers from dependence on the hero having to have a love interest. In the first two films both Batman and the main bad guy are in love with either Vicky Vale or Selina Kyle. Much the same in Batman Forever the whole, Bruce>Chase Meridian< Riddler type dynamic. Other than that I really enjoy these early films from when I was a kid.

2 Likes

Since DC did the Batman 66’ animated movie, it would be awesome if they did an animated version of what Tim Burton’s 3rd film would have or could have been. If not that, then some kind of original story set in the Burtonverse. Anybody agree? Start lobbying now, so we can dance with the devil in the pale moonlight again.

13 Likes

I have to agree with some of the other comments here expressing dismay this is only available for two weeks. I understand the rights issues around the Arrowverse content but Burtonverse are 15-20 years old, were one of the selling tentpoles of this platform for me and should be permanently here. I guess I’m just going to have it on continuous loop to get my fill until it drops.

2 Likes

*edit, 25-30 years old

So much fun!! Definitely not a sign of the times and was hysterical my first time watching it. I’m not convinced by the love triangle of Bruce Wayne’s acting but its a fun story that depends on the jokers acting but it works!! 9/10

I had forgotten how good that this movie was. All the terrible ones that came after made me forget. Why didn’t they continue making good movies after this? They had the blueprints on how. The Christopher Nolan Batman managed to follow through great.

1 Like

I really hope that “Available Until…” really means “Surprise! It’s also available after!”

6 Likes

For all its flaws and there are plenty this is one of the few movies that will take me back to the time I first saw it every time I watch.

2 Likes

love this movie,and like most people i hoped it doesn’t leave on 9/30 that would suck

3 Likes

This is my Batman. Love this movie because it does what few other Batman movies did, it gave me my first taste of how a dark and gritty Batman could be . I hear often that jokers origin was all wrong but for me ever joker origin story ever told in ever movie game and animation is his true origin. His is insane and like he said in the killing joke if i am going to have a past then I want it to be the way I want it to be. Of course I am paraphrasing but the point still stands and that’s what makes him so great as a villain his past is a mystery to everyone even him so who is to say that this iteration of the joker is the right one or not.

6 Likes

Man I love this movie. So many classic one liners! Really hope that this comes back REAL SOON so more people can check it out later.

1 Like

Still my favorite Batman movie and Keaton is still my favorite Batman! Nostalgia is a big factor as I grew up with this and it instsntly got me into batman

2 Likes

One of my earliest memories for what I’ve always considered a favorite movie. This was the first thing I watch (outside of DC Daily) on this service. Going to try and finish up all of this series of Batman flicks before the end of the month. So good.

1 Like

This movie has so many good parts but my favorite parts are at the art museum and the joker’s parade. Best line ever in a Batman movie ever, “A little song, a little dance, Batman’s head on a lance.” Nicholson is still my favorite joker, I just forgot how good he was because it had been forever since I watched this. Three more films to go before they go away at the end of this week.

4 Likes

Awesome Movie!! Dc Rocks!!!

4 Likes