The Awkward Moment when...

when you realize DC Comics Makes no sense because it’s literally Detective Comics Comics XD

Let’s share some ridiculous things about DC. Things that just either make no sense or is just odd.

2 Likes

The awkward moment when an old man let’s an eight year old kid run around in a bat costume after the death of his parents…

2 Likes

When eBay sellers list DC merch under the Marvel category.

3 Likes

When I ask Siri for Green Lantern movies and she gives me Batman movies

3 Likes

When DC loses the rights to public domain characters a year or so after they start to write stories about them

4 Likes

The awkward moment when you realize when the cops can’t catch a person dressed up as a clown

4 Likes

That awkward moment when you realize just how awkward DC is, but that’s what makes it so special.

2 Likes

That awkward moment when DC fans claim that Batman vs Superman ruined lore or characters but refuse to acknowledge or accept the fact that Nolan ruined Joker and Bane or that they have no issue with other storylines that take creative freedom too far. It’s awkward when favoritism or personal ideal get in the way of reality of double standard.

4 Likes

That awkward moment when you realize that nobody has a proper argument in regards to lore anymore because DC has so many timelines, universes and storylines that everything has happened in one way or another so saying any one thing is impossible is actually irrelevant. Maybe that’s another reason why voice actors define characters over personality, because that character has many personalities due to the multiverse and other storylines. Creative freedom seems to break something here.

3 Likes

That awkward moment when you think Justice League will always be your favorite group of heroes but then Young Justice comes along and makes Justice League a far 2nd place. DC did amazing there, to pull that off. Hope we get a live action Young Justice movie!

1 Like

That awkward moment when you realize that writers sexualize DC’s female characters to the point where everyone sleeps with everyone and dresses more provocatively over the years whether in comics or tv shows like Smallville and Arrowverse… :-/

This was the original intention all along but the writers are to blame.

The even more awkward moment is when you realize this strengthens characters stories as it brings them closer together and makes them more human. Relatability is key and u

1 Like

That awkward moment when peeps claim reading comics are better than seeing/hearing DC televised medials but won’t admit that the most popular/loved DC characters are defined by their voice actors vs their personalities on paper. Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy, Susan Eisenberg, Arleen Sorkin… Those are just a few people always automatically come to mind when thinking of the associated characters.

1 Like

The arkward moment when DC pushes Damien Wayne on you and you don’t like it but then you love it. I’m convinced that everyone who claims to hate Damien Wayne actually loves him in some way or another but doesn’t want to admit that love. Damien Wayne is here to stay, and for good reason.

1 Like

That awkward moment when people complain about a writer using Ric Grayson’s real name (Ric/Rick/Richard) instead of Dick Grayson because it’s “lore”, not realizing Dick is just a nickname for Richard in the first place. It’s not like someone named Bartholomew as Barry, Bart or Bear changes the character so it’s awkward when people make a thing of it. Or rather unnecessary.

1 Like

The awkward moment when folks realize that male superheroes have just as unrealistic/unattainable bodies as female superheroes do. And that today we are as likely to hear as much or more about Nightwing’s butt as we are Power Girls cleavage. (See the various Meta Madhouse threads)

The awkward moment when you realize a newsroom full of the best investigative journalists in the world can not see past a pair of eyeglasses.

3 Likes

That awkward moment when the people who joke/complain about Superman’s glasses realize that Clark Kent slouches, wears clothes a size too big for him, and uses a completely different accent and body language than when he’s wearing the cape.

Not to mention that, since it’s already widely known to the other characters that Superman is an alien named Kal-El, people just assume that he doesn’t have or need a secret identity.

Also, Superman’s face, while handsome, isn’t really one that would stand out in a crowd. He doesn’t have any noticeable tattoos, piercings, or deformities or any unusual eye, hair, or skin color. He looks like an ordinary human. Combine that with the fact that real people aren’t constantly on the lookout for incognito celebrities in their midst, and you realize that people have no reason to believe Clark Kent is Superman. To them, he’s just a guy who coincidentally happens to look like Superman. I mean, my dad looks exactly like Dave Grohl, but that doesn’t mean they’re the same person!

1 Like

That awkward moment when a dear friend says, “I’m going to read up and get how all the Hawks fit together figured out in my head,” and you realize you’re powerless to save them.

Also, what’s the bit about public domain characters? I haven’t heard that one.

1 Like

That awkward moment when you realize that Gibby’s pandora box of awkward moments has been opened and there is no stopping them. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Arm-Fall-Off Boy! What in the ever-loving heck?!

1 Like