Tell Us: What Was the Seminal Moment for DC In 2018?

Doesn’t happen until December 21 in the US. I think you can guess which moment I pick.

2 Likes

Aquaman, YJ, Titans(because it introduces so many characters to live action. Overall, this year is sooo much better than the horrid 2017! I’m looking at you Justice League

3 Likes

I have really enjoyed sharing the Wal Mart 100 page giants with my son. A lot of good reprint material and I am digging Bendis Batman.

1 Like

Oh yeah and the CW Elseworlds crossover was pRetty great!

1 Like

As a teenage 1980’s fan, I returned to comics with a pre-launch subscription to DC Universe. It’s been fantastic. I set aside 20 minutes every night after the kids go down to get my DC Daily fix…and that has opened up brand new characters, creators and series. So that, by far, is my top DC moment - the day I signed up. (I remain a huge Wolfman /Perez Teen Titans fan, and the new Titans show does it proud.)

Company - wise, can there be any serious discussion about seminal moments without an early mention of Action Comics #1000? The series that started it all had a fantastic tribute to the Man of Steel. (Side note: Action #1000 was the first comic that I purchased in just over 30 years!)

I think the OH WOW moment was when I saw the announcement about how DC Universe was adding so much great animation to the library. The animated films have been one of my biggest surprises when I signed on…gosh, they’re good. And I can’t wait to see even more.

I can’t wait to see what 2019 brings… The new animated films, Detective Comics #1000, the new series on DC Universe, Crisis on Infinite Earths on CW, Shazam! and more. Plus, I get to keep working my way through an impressive catalog of work.

Thanks, DC!

3 Likes

Oh, and Aquaman was pretty amazing as well. :wink:

4 Likes

Batman White Knight for sure, getting the news of Young Justice Outsiders finally coming out soon, and signing on to this was great!

2 Likes

I have to say I’m surprised I don’t see more people mentioning moments from Black Lightning or Legends of Tomorrow- those seem like shows that just killed it when they were on!

I mean Beebo, COME ON!

It’s really, really nice to see so much positive response to the app. We know we have a long way to go but it’s been really cool growing with all of you. Thanks for being a GIGANTOR part of keeping everyone inspired to make the best product and fan experience possible.

But back to the point.

Beebo, COME ON!

9 Likes

Beebo transcends mere moments in time :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Haha! All right @manifest, you win this round :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been a steady fan of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, and Black Lightning but this first season of Titans really impressed me. HUGE FAN of season one. Bravo to the actors.

5 Likes

The most significant landmark for 2018 would be (or would have been…:thinking:) for WB to announce the release of the Snyder cut of Justice League, but will we see it in 2019?

I certainly hope so…

If so, I would buy several copies, but hang one as a reminder that when people unite under a common purpose, thing happen.

#releasethesnydercut

5 Likes

I’d like to add a few items of note to my previous list:

-Action Comics #1000. This should’ve been on my first list, but I forgot; I’ll blame my cold medicine for that lapse.
-Action Comics: 80 Years of Superman. A gorgeous book and a fitting anniversary commemorative.
-The Action Comics poster that features every cover of Action from volume one #1 to #1000.
-Bendis on Superman and Action. He was my favorite Marvel writer and now that he’s at my favorite company and working on my favorite character, I’m quite happy =)
-The Walmart exclusive Giant line. These are alot of fun.
-Doomsday Clock
-The continuation and conclusion of Dark Nights: Metal. Just…wow.
-The CW Elseworlds crossover
-DC Universe (so nice it made my list twice =) )

That’ll do for now me thinx.

7 Likes

I was not ready for the emotional roller coaster I went on while watching The Death of Superman animated film.
The CW Elseworlds crossover was the best of the series. They somehow get better every year
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the DC Universe service. From reading the offered comics, watching the vast selection of series, and the cast of DC Daily it has been a service I have used nearly every day since launch.

4 Likes

The Return of the real Main Man!! Lobo!!!
In Suicide Squad vs Justice League and of course in Justice League America

6 Likes

This year I wss glad to be apart of history. Action comics #1000. Also the release of doomsday clock and dark knights metal. And Hawkman books are out again.

5 Likes

The release of aquaman movie? I don’t know what else it could be.

5 Likes

The DC Universe app has been the highlight thus far. Suicide Squad Hell to Pay and Death of Superman films were great movies… but the launch of this site and what has come with it… Especially Titans… has been quite a joy.

8 Likes

Seeing John Wesley Shipp put on the original Flash outfit for Elseworlds

6 Likes

Seriously, it was the launch of DC Universe. The movies and shows are great, and I am now finding out the comics are fantastic also. And the awesome people on here to meet. Thank you.

6 Likes