Tech Tuesday: The Pride. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next season of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons, and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup:

Things are a little different this month. It’s Pride Month! A great time to celebrate our differences and to turn our attention to the fantastic LGBTQIA+ characters within the DC Universe. That’s exactly what we’re doing this week!

Imagine, you’re out on the street. Maybe you’re enjoying an ice cream cone, some froyo, a pretzel. I don’t know what you’re into, but you’re into it. All of a sudden, you start hearing incredibly loud mechanical noises and the ground shakes with an ominous thud, thud, thud. The noise comes closer with each thud.

Around the corner appears a man, piloting a giant exoskeleton. It’s around 10ft tall, made of solid titanium and armed with rocket launchers and who knows what else.

You hear commotion all around you. Heroes have shown up! To your left, you have Harley Quinn. To your right, you have Batwoman (Kate Kane). Towards the back, you have Catwoman and up front you have Poison Ivy.

Torn between your choices, you call out to Kelex to help you!

How It Works:

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which option you’ve received based on the list of options below. If you’re unsure of anything about the hero, we’ve left a short description for each option to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the option and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like! :slight_smile:

Gadget Details

1. Head left :point_left: Join forces with Harley and her giant mallet to take down the bot!

2. Head North :point_up: You join up with Poison Ivy and her vines to thwart the mystery villain!

3. Head left :point_left: You stumble over a pile of Harley’s Bombs! Time for things to get explosive! :bomb:

4. Head right :point_right: Batwoman becomes your crime-fighting partner! Take down the robot!

5. Head South :point_down: Catwoman (and her Cat O’ Nine Tails) needs your assistance! Help her defeat the bot!

6. WILDCARD - You get to choose the outcome!

11 Likes

Oh this one is interesting

5 Likes

@Kelex Roll 1d6.

3 Likes

Ah, nuts to this. I’ll just call Homer Simpson.

goes to call Apollo and Midnighter instead

They’ll take out that Exo-Squad/Fleischer-esque exo-suit!

4 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

Looks like it’s you and me, Harley! Well, a hammer’s not gonna do too much against a 10 foot tall exoskeleton, but that’s not Harley’s greatest weapon anyway – it’s her psychological warfare. Anyone tramping along the street in a mech warrior suit has clearly got to be compensating for something, so I’ll encourage her to talk it out with this obviously insecure individual. He’ll be lying down on the psychiatrist’s couch working out his mother issues in no time.

5 Likes

@Kelex Roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 5

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 5

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

Well , I stumbled over bombs. Provided they didn’t detonate when I stumbled over them, I’d throw them at exoskeleton dude!

4 Likes

“Catwoman, I choose you!” I scream. She majestically leaps in front of me. I tell her my plan.

“It’s puurrrfect,” she says. She sprints ahead of me and whips all of the weapons off of the exoskeleton. The lunatic then makes the exoskeleton flee, with him on the palm of the robot’s hand. I smirk up a Catwoman as she growls and chases the robot in circles around the restaurant. While she keeps the mad-lad busy, I build a tower of tables and chairs. Then, when it’s tall enough, I jump onto the palm of the exoskeleton’s hand, right next to Mr. Let’s-Go-Kill-People (the name’s a work-in-progress). I sucker-punch him square in his forehead, giving him a concussion and making him fall unconscious. As soon as he falls, I grab the control of the exoskeleton, rename the exoskeleton to Steve, get Catwoman next to me on Steve’s hand and ride him to my super secret superhero base (a secret cave under Wayne Manor, who would’ve thought?!).

A few days later, Catwoman and I were sitting on the couch in my lair, watching tv, while Steve made us popcorn. We’ve gotten really close over the past few days, and I decided to make my move. I lean in to kiss Catwoman, and our lips connect. I didn’t expect her to have a beard though…

:catwoman_hv_5: Catwoman: That’s my husband! Are you kissing Batman?! Batman, you’re cheating on me?!

:batman_hv_5: Batman: Sorry old lover, but can you blame me?! This dude’s hot!!

JD (Me): I just kissed Batman?! Even better!!

It turns out Batman just likes to cosplay as Catwoman every once in a while. Gotta say, those boots looked purrfect on him!

:catwoman_hv_5: Catwoman: I’ll get you back for this Bruce!! And I’ll kill your “new lover” afterwards!

I really should’ve known that Bruce Wayne couldn’t have been Catwoman…

To be continued (possibly)…

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 4

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 3

4 Likes

Step 1: We use Python coil on The exo-skeleton’s feet to send him down to the ground.
Step 2: I use Batwoman’s taser gloves to knock out the man in the exo-skeleton
Step 3: We roast Marshmallows over her Flame gloves.

5 Likes