Swamp Thing Update #2

@mrjimp_829, that’s an excellent question that I do not have an answer for.

A few questions:

1. Were you told by your upper management that DC Universe will continue to develop their other original content, or is that just you talking? I’m not asking for specifics on any of the shows, as I know you can’t give any details (you might not even know that), but a Yes or No would do wonders for my confidence in this service.
  2. Why wouldn’t WB try to work around whatever problems they had? I mean, Christ, it aired one episode. Do they even care about the positive fan response, positive critical response (Don’t forget…critics hate DC movies and shows, and they gave this show a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes), or their ratings?
  3. Renew Doom Patrol for season 2. Please. Pretty pretty please. I hope WB understands that both Doom Patrol AND Swamp Thing are two of the most critically acclaimed comic book shows OF ALL TIME. I won’t comment on Swamp Thing as I haven’t seen the whole season, but I would put Doom Patrol on about the same level as Daredevil. Please let WB know that that is VERY high praise coming from someone who watches a whole lot of superhero TV.
2 Likes

@Davidbizzarr100, Hm, that’s a bit of an existential question. Yes, I believe it matters. But do you mean does it make an impact on the decision? I don’t know about that.

1 Like

“How can we help DC Universe?”

(copy/pasting)

Just keep doing what you’re doing ) Swamp Thing was not cancelled due to lack of support from subscribers, that much I know. In the meantime being active, positive members of the community is the greatest thing we can ask for. And thank you for the thoughtful question.

5 Likes

@Applejack, Thank you for the update I know today must not have been easy for y’all.
Keep up the great work MODS you are appreciated!

4 Likes

I hope swamp thing lasts for more than one season. :cry:

2 Likes

@applejack would you say people are wasting tweets on save swamp thing trend

1 Like

“1. Were you told by your upper management that DC Universe will continue to develop their other original content, or is that just you talking? I’m not asking for specifics on any of the shows, as I know you can’t give any details (you might not even know that), but a Yes or No would do wonders for my confidence in this service.”

Let me assure you, if I spoke about such matters without approval from upper management, I would not be speaking much longer on these forums.

“2. Why wouldn’t WB try to work around whatever problems they had? I mean, Christ, it aired one episode. Do they even care about the positive fan response, positive critical response (Don’t forget…critics hate DC movies and shows, and they gave this show a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes), or their ratings?”

It is my belief and understanding that every effort was made. Nobody wants to destroy something beautiful.

“3. Renew Doom Patrol for season 2. Please. Pretty pretty please. I hope WB understands that both Doom Patrol AND Swamp Thing are two of the most critically acclaimed comic book shows OF ALL TIME. I w on’t comment on Swamp Thing as I haven’t seen the whole season, but I would put Doom Patrol on about the same level as Daredevil. Please let WB know that that is VERY high praise coming from someone who watches a whole lot of superhero TV.”

Can’t comment on that at this time, but Doom Patrol sure had a lot of episodes and critical acclaim!

8 Likes

And as a follow up, when I say continuing developing original content, I mean making content that will be released post-Stargirl. I’m not talking about Titans S2, YJ:O, Stargirl, or HQ.
Sorry I should have added that in my previous comment.

@applejack would you say people are wasting tweets on save swamp thing trend”

I think it is a fallacy to think that a large public outcry on the internet changes difficult business decisions. It is rarely effective and when it has worked, it is usually not to the conclusion the fans envisioned.

I do not think it is a waste. I think no matter what, it is important to share the message of how you feel. And if you can do that in a civil way, your message will be heard; even if it’s learning for next time.

9 Likes

As for future content beyond what is already announced, well, it’s not announced, is it? :wink:

4 Likes

Applejack, thank you very much. I completely understand that you don’t have much info to work off of. I just really want this service to continue on past 2020 and today’s reports have not been encouraging.

4 Likes

Lets get a Justice League Dark show then! Constantine Zatana Swampy we dont need North Carolina!

1 Like

Hey let’s not start with the North Carolina bashing, this is a great state lol

2 Likes

Appreciate you addressing this.

I’ll admit I’ve had my concerns today but I’m rooting for DC Universe to succeed. It’s a cool app, a cool community and I’m excited to see where things go.

3 Likes

PardonMyGiggles, I don’t think Applejack can comment on if North Carolina was responsible.

But if the rest of the service wasn’t affected and production is moving forward on everything else…
Then yeah. F*** North Carolina.

1 Like

Sorry RagdollRebel, but your state is KINDA to blame for this whole fiasco.

Whoa hey everyone, please don’t blame North Carolina. Those reports are not confirmed.

7 Likes

Thank you applejack I’m sure this has been a big topic all morning I know when it came across my feed I was very disappointed swamp thing was the one show I really wanted to do well and stick around sorry if any of my comments came off rude

1 Like

This is probably another thing that can’t be confirmed here, but I turn again to Cinemablend, which reported that, contrary to other earlier reports, a North Carolina accounting error was not in fact to blame for the series’ cancellation.

1 Like