Swamp Thing Update #2

Hi friends,

A million thanks for your patience. We understand this has not been an easy time for you as fans, and I will do my best to provide you with a satisfying answer.

First, some updates:

:seedling: The full 10 episode season of Swamp Thing will continue to air on DC Universe with new episodes released weekly. There are no current plans for a Season 2.

:seedling: We appreciate there are questions as to “why”, but unfortunately we are not in a position to answer at this time.

And now, the good news:

:seedling: DC Universe continues to develop new shows, new seasons, new stories, more availability, and more platforms. We’ve got a lot of exciting plans for our other shows in the works, and look forward to sharing more in the coming months.

That’s all the information I have to share at this time. Now that you have the goods, we will be going back through the threads and removing the false rumors and speculation that this choice means DC Universe or any of our other original seri es were affected.

Feel free to ask questions in the comments below, and I will answer to the best of my ability. :heart:

170 Likes

Thank you for the much needed update.

7 Likes

Thank you for an official response. I’m sorry, but can I ask why this wasn’t ready when Swamp Thing not getting a second season was announced? I think it would have helped limit rumors.

6 Likes

We love you, DCU! And Applejack (mostly just Applejack, I mean that’s why we’re all here right?) :purple_heart:

Long live the DCU!

6 Likes

@Awesome_Squid ask away! If I can’t answer I’ll say so :slight_smile:

All I can say is I got the official response when they were ready to give it to me. I’m not sure why it wasn’t prepared in advance.

6 Likes

I’m hoping these upper execs are listening to the outcry and renew this show somehow.

10 Likes

@Mae, you’re too kind. But it was the morning moderators who are the real MVPs.

3 Likes

@sureoz.90197, I assure you, they noticed.

13 Likes

Swamp Thing could be turned around if it was not liked by the producers. The shows should be judged by us. Because it could be a great hit down the road. I’m very disappointed how things are going. Yes we have many shows out but when will a Batman show be made?? Follow through with your ideas. That is why many of us paid for this service rather than just say whatever. Batman show can coexist with TItans. And tell the story. Swamp Thing was the first of its own show ever and now it got canceled. The movies made fall mad short minus the solo movies. So I think better staff are needed to give us DC fans what we like rather than going to watch Marvel’s products. Now we have a Joker movie coming out that tells a different story than that of Suicide Squad. We have a new Batman movie with a new actor. Like we are all over the place. The movies should all be connected somehow. Tell a storyline through the movies. Like it’s just a complete mess with a movie here and a movie there with different ideas behind that can’t exist in a simple timeline. Production is also wayyyy slow on the shows and movies like come on ppl get it together.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update, Applejack. Now, everybody take a deep breath and relax. Keep watching and supporting DCU and everything will be okay!

8 Likes

@Applejack, true, I really feel bad for our lovely mod squad that has to deal with 19,000 panicky threads…

5 Likes

As long as you guys have the comic library, you have my patronage.

8 Likes

I can take the swamp thing hit but I hope this app doesn’t go away. I’ve been loving all the improvements to the comics.

6 Likes

Thanx mods , all the rumors and articles on the internet was freaking me out lol

3 Likes

But hey, how about that glow in the dark Batman figurine? You can still get it in the shop!

5 Likes

This is rediculous! Why can’t DC and WB ever get a clue? You put quality products (FINALLY!!) on your little streaming service, and then you give up on them. No one is going to stick around if you dint smarten up. We live in a digital age. Fast paced. Millions of options. And extremely vocal fans with numerous ways to express their thoughts and ideas.

They need to get with it. Its pretty sad when the fans create better fanfics and fan films than the actual companies that own the properties.

4 Likes

Without giving offical numbers, Are you able to say if the viewership on Young Justice Outsiders has done well these past few months?

4 Likes

@FierceCrimsonSpeedster, yes, it has.

8 Likes

How will this affect the Stargirl and Harely Quinn shows?

1 Like

And Titans season 2

1 Like