Superman: Legacy: News, Chat and Polls

As production on Superman: Legacy ramps up, stop on here for discussion, news and opinion. Maybe someday soon we’ll even get an official logo for the thread.

11 Likes

Reputable source reporting here. The big news seems to be that James Hoult is lined up for Lex Luthor.
Rachel Brosnahan reportedly knocked testing out of the park for Lois but according to the article at 32 might be too old. This is nuts. for one, she looks young enough to play in her '20s, two Lois should be a few years older than Clark, she’s the established reporter when he wanders into the Daily Planet.

8 Likes

Who loves polls? We love polls. Let’s start with an easy one.
Rachel Brosnahan, good fit for Lois Lane?

• Perfect choice, nice combo of energy and smarts
  • Sure, but not the way I’d go
  • Nope, 32 it’s so very old, okay it’s not but I still wouldn’t cast her in the role.

0 voters

7 Likes

I dont know her aside from a few clips of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

7 Likes

She was in season 1 of House of Cards and a short lived WGN original about the Manhattan Project that was pretty good. I. A big fan of Mrs Maisel so I think she’d be great as Lois.

7 Likes

I’m usually pretty open for casting. The only time I’ve ever been like “why would you ever cast this person” was Chris Pratt for Mario. Apparently, he was good, but I refuse to watch it lol

Anyways, Lois!

8 Likes

I haven’t seen her in anything, but from the sounds of it, she’d probably make for a good Lois.

9 Likes

Yeah, I don’t care about the Mario movie but that casting seemed weird

7 Likes

They should have made an animated series to market it. To do that they would have needed to start right when this was announced to try to get at least some of it aired by the theatrical release.

8 Likes

Since no theatrical Superman movie has overpowered sonce 1980 I am interested in the box office. I do not have high hopes for it at all.

8 Likes

I surprisingly have no opinions about the rumoured names for Superman. Not a bad thing, just means I haven’t seen any of those actors in anything before. I haven’t seen “The Marvelous Ms Maisel” but that actress seems like a good pick. Although I’ll admit to rooting for Samara Weaving because of my love of Horror movies :ghost:

I heard Hoult has been mentioned for Lex Luthor which is unexpected. But I would love to see him in a major DC role ever since he lost the role of Batman to Pattinson

9 Likes

Not a horror movie fan so I was unaware of Weaving. I see she’s an Aussie and looks more than a bit like Margo Robbie. She could play Harley’s secret sister Lois, or maybe not.
Hoult seems like a good choice.

7 Likes

I’m hoping the fresh start of it all helps.

8 Likes

I doubt it will. Typically 20 years is needed. It will be 12.

8 Likes

I have been fancasting David Corenswet as Clark/Superman since I first saw him in Hollywood on Netflix. He has the looks, the charisma, and the talent. He’s on the precipice of household name status. This is the perfect opportunity!

I love Nicholas Hoult. I loved him in the X-Men movies. He’s an amazing actor.

I haven’t seen Marvelous Ms. Maisel so I can’t comment on Rachel Brosnahan. She has many awards so I know she will knock it out of the park.

7 Likes

Corenswet does have the looks
I’m going to have to check out Hollywood since it also has Weaving

6 Likes

I think Hoult is severely underrated and thought he was really great in Renfield - the X-Men franchise is a perfect example of how he was underused and poorly used, and while I do think he could be a Lex Luthor type, and I’m sure he would be game to shave his head and certainly has the skull and cheekbones to still be very much a Sex Luthor, it’s not a role I like for him. I personally - although I liked RPatz, would have picked him for a Bruce.

I agree that he could do a good job. He’ll be 30 in two months, or a decade younger than Henry and the same age Henry was when MoS was released. I thought Henry could have been younger (Routh was probably a good age if we are aiming for 'Young Superman." I realize a lot of actors get cast and play younger and he could possibly still pass for late 20s, but he’s not far removed from late 20s.

Maisel is an interesting show. I think she would be a good salty, tough reporter type, I’m just not sure of her paired with a young Clark type unless she was being written as much older, more experienced than Clark, which I would not have minded. I think that’s what we got with Amy and I love her as an actress and she’s not done a performance (that I have seen) that I didn’t think she was excellent in, and I thought she was the lone fully redeemable aspect of MoS, but I though she and Henry had little chemistry and over-all thought it was poor casting, particularly once the script for BvS and JL were dropped.

I don’t have a name in mind, but none of the people in the THR report are young enough, IMHO. I think - without knowing more about the script but just picturing it if this was a live action version of Man of Tomorrow, for example, the actor should be 25-26 when filming starts and be 30 when the second movie is filmed, or thereabouts.

6 Likes

Yeah I think the guy form xmen and fury road is a good actor with potential. I thought I would have seen more from him since the xmen movies. Maybe they have, I don’t watch much anymore I guess. I haven’t looked into this movie much, just gonna sit back and hope it’s a story I will enjoy but if not, it’s just a movie, really just a bummer if majority don’t like it, then it’s a sunk cost minus experience gained by those working on film I suppose.

5 Likes

He’s in The Great on Hulu, for the past four years and has been in a ton of stuff. He was in Fury Road - the Mad Max ‘not a reboot,’ since the third X movie, before the last awful one. And, of course, just in Renfield (worth checking out).

6 Likes

oh okay well glad they have been getting work, I think they are a good actor. I just don’t watch much anymore. I will give Renfield a look though thank you!

5 Likes