Superman Ice Cream; My taste buds were punched into orbit

Unknown

Anyone here a fan of Superman ice cream? That red, blue and yellow blend of cotton candy like flavor is scrumdidley. I like to imagine that Batman ice cream is black licorice flavor, it’s bitter like him.

If you were an ice cream maker making an unlicensed superhero flavor, giving you full creative control, what hero or villain would you use and what would their flavor be?

17 Likes

Okay this looks amazing and I need to find out where to get it…

5 Likes

One of the first results that come up after you type Superman Ice Cream in a search engine is “Superman Ice Cream near me”. It’s everywhere.

4 Likes

It’s been around. I used to get it every time we went for ice cream talking 1979 , probably somebody who could tell ya they had it b4 that. It’s awesome. That would be the youngest I could remember getting it.

2 Likes

I’m in dangerous territory answering what my favorite characters ice cream would taste like. I love that u said it punched your taste buds into orbit HAHA :joy: that’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

If you’re a true sadist, then you’ll also have tried Kryptonite ice cream. Pop rocks in a pistachio ice cream. You could just feel your strength waning.

3 Likes

I picture Batman as a dark chocolate (I’m uncreative).

And I seriously have no idea why, but I want to say Pistachio for Oracle… (I like her with blue eyes. There is no explanation for this flavor link in my mind.)

4 Likes

I’ve never been able to try Superman Ice Cream but I’ve heard so many people rave about it. Maybe someday!

I imagine a Riddler themed ice cream would be a weird mystery flavor that nobody could agree on what it actually is.

4 Likes

After having the ice cream place near me close, I couldn’t real find Superman ice cream anywhere (some places would just dye vanilla ice cream those colors and call it Superman ice cream and I was disappointed every time). I finally moved and there’s a place near me now with it. I tried it for the first time in years, and it was still just as great as I remembered.

Nightwing would totally be blue raspberry/cotton candy and black cherry. The ice cream would be blue and black.

4 Likes

Kilwin’s ice cream shops are somewhat common in the US, and they have it.

2 Likes

Ooooh! Or it could be like those mystery dum-dums, where you don’t know what you’re getting until you taste it.

As those are two of my fav flavors, I’m totally on board with this.

4 Likes

Or all the superhero ice creams are part of a line, and each Riddler pint is made up of two randomly mixed together superheroes. Kind of like mystery Airheads.

I feel like Swamp Thing would have a matcha ice cream base with various berries and edible flowers mixed in… actually that could work for Poison Ivy too. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Oh man I’d smack a pint of that Nightwing so much. You just took the two greatest flavors ever in one. And how about there’s a riddle on the bottom of the lid and the answer is at the bottom of the carton after all the ice cream is housed.

4 Likes

We all knew Joker was mint chip.

8 Likes

I absolutely love that idea!

3 Likes

That’s The Question flavor for sure; the 32nd flavor. And the label has his fa-oooooo…He’s on the label.

2 Likes

Mr. Freeze is ice cream made using liquid nitrogen. It’s delicious science.

1 Like

The Harley Quinn flavor is pretty good…it’s got cherry flavor if I remember correctly. Wonder Woman is dang good, too.

2 Likes

That’s perfect!

3 Likes