šŸ“š Superman: For Tomorrow | Read Along | Birthday Bash! šŸ§ | @ModernAgeSupermanClub

This was an interesting read for me because I honestly forgot a lot of what this story was. I came out of this liking this in more ways than I originally did, but still finding some flaws with it.

Now, before I read this, I remembered this story as being basically ā€œSuperman loses his humanity when Lois Lane disappearsā€ and that sole statement on its own was ratherā€¦lacking. Of course, Superman should be affected by it, but the idea of him ā€œlosing his humanity because he lost his booā€ felt tooā€¦dramatic, because thereā€™s still plenty of people in his life that he can rely on. Sometimes I feel like they get used too often in these kind of situations, but Iā€™m surprised that we never see Superman talk to Ma and Pa Kent in this story.

But reading it again, I think I get a better idea of why he goes through this emotional journey. Heā€™s losing his grip on humanity not because Lois is gone, but because sheā€™s gone, as well as a million more innocents, and he is responsible. He built this fantastic creation out of fear and of a drive to do better than his birth-father, and it blows up in his face.

Itā€™s such an interesting story idea, but I think the pacing and the way the story is told doesnā€™t really sell the idea. For one thing, I think it was probably a bad idea to start a year after everything. Like, look at something like Avengers Endgame, that story isnā€™t nearly as effective if we donā€™t see everyone being turned to dust after the snap.

I also feel like the way that itā€™s explained how it happened felt too complicated. Like, Iā€™m not even fully sure if I know exactly how it happened.

But regardless, despite itā€™s flaws, I think what the story asks and what it does with Clark as a character more than makes up for it. The amazing Jim Lee art certainly helps too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:exploding_head:
Wait a minuteā€¦what!? Is there an off handed comment in there I missed? This canā€™t be true!

Yeah I also felt like I wanted to see the main event more, granted thatā€™s not what this story was going for but it still makes me want to see it! Maybe thatā€™s when he talked to his parents? Iā€™m really bothered by that still lmao you popped my bubble on this story!