[Superman Fan Club] Presents: The Reading Event of the Year: Week 9! Superman #131 (1959) Adventure Comics #286 (1961) October 31st 2023

Welcome to the [Superman Fan Club] Event of the Year that started September 5th, 2023! DC Universe Infinite is releasing digital versions of Superman-related Silver Age comics week after week for a month and maybe two or three!!

Week 9: October 31st

Superman #131 (cover date August 1959)

(link above blurred to avoid spoilers)

Poll:

My favorite story in Superman #131 is:
  • The Menace of Mr. Mxyzptlk!
  • The Unknown Super-Deeds!
  • Superman’s Future Wife!
0 voters

If you like, please tell us why you chose these particular tales to be the best!

Here’s the link to where all 7 of the recently-digitized Superman Comics of the early Silver Age are located:

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/series/superman/2cbe371b-9f27-472a-a600-86ec37e47eb3

Adventure Comics # 286 (cover date July 1961)
(better late than never, it’s finally here!)

(link above blurred to avoid spoilers)

Poll:

My favorite story in Adventure Comics #286 is:
  • The Witch of Smallville
  • Tales of the Bizarro World: Bizarro: Private Detective
0 voters

Please share any favorite panels from this time around below.

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: (Superman fan club - DC Community)

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , click here: ([Superman Fan Club])

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen-A-Longs of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle), the next one being **Thursday November 2nd !!

@Superman-Fan-Club

2 Likes

Starting next week, there will be one new Silver Age Superman-related comic per week during November, and we’ll plan to keep this party going!

3 Likes

Who is Superman’s future wife? I’ll read it soon, but if it turns out to be Martha Stewart, I’m giving up on the story!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure what her initials will be but I guess we’ll find out

2 Likes