[Superman Fan Club] Presents: DC Challenge #8 / Challenge of the Superfans Season 3 Week 6

Challenge of the Superfans Season 3 Week 6 DC Challenge #8

Welcome to Week 6 of Season 3 of a very special [Superman Fan Club] challenge / contest, reading **one single issue a week from the currently- digitized DC Universe Infinite collection of Silver and Bronze Age Superman and Family comic over an interesting space of time (we had to read issues #1-3 for the first week to keep up with each new issue being freshly-digitized) – open to one and all!

As always, you can go back and read an issue and comment on it weeks after it is posted.

This time around: DC Challenge # 8, written at the very precipice of the Bronze Age before the Crisis rolled in the Modern Age officially at DC Comics . This is the Pre-Bryne Superman, the pre-Perez Wonder Woman.

#8 “If This is Love, Why Do My Teeth Hurt?”

Writer: Gerry Conway Artist: Rick Hoberg

(link is blurred to avoid spoilers for this 37 year old story)

Q & A:

1. Which hero or villain first appearance this time around was your favorite?

2. Where did Plaz’s buddy disappear to in 1943???

I read DC Challenge #8
  • Yes I did

• Oops, I did not

0 voters

Please share any favorite heroes / villains from this time around below.

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen A Longs of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle), the next one being Thursday August 3rd !!

2 Likes

Even though there are 4 issues to go I believe, this one really ties a lot of the loose plot threads together!

2 Likes

@Mystery_and_wonder @patterson65.37405 @RexRebel

3 Likes
  1. I vote for the New Gods. I didn’t expect them, although everything not expected is to be expected in this series.
  2. A good question! I studied the 1943 pages looking for clues but found none.
1 Like

I definitely did not expect to see the New Gods, especially in 1986.

1 Like