Superman Fan Club] Presents: DC Challenge #7 / Challenge of the Superfans Season 3 Week 5

[Superman Fan Club] Presents:

Challenge of the Superfans Season 3 Week 5
DC Challenge #7

Welcome to Week 5 of Season 3 of a very special challenge / contest , reading **one single issue a week from the currently- digitized DC Universe Infinite collection of Silver and Bronze Age Superman and Family comic over an interesting space of time (we had to read issues #1-3 for the first week to keep up with each new issue being freshly-digitized)!

As always, you can go back and read an issue and comment on it weeks after it is posted.

This time around: DC Challenge # 7, written at the very precipice of the Bronze Age before the Crisis rolled in the Modern Age officially at DC Comics . This is the Pre-Bryne Superman, the pre-Perez Wonder Woman.

#7 “Don’t Bogart that Grape, Hand Me the Gas Pedal”

Writer: Paul Kupperberg Artist: Joe Staton

(link is blurred to avoid spoilers for this 37 year old story)

Q & A:

1. What was your favorite designed flying craft in this issue?

2. Did the last panel reveal shock you???

I read DC Challenge #7
  • Yes I did

• Oops, I did not

0 voters

Please share any favorite heroes / villains from this time around below.

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen A Longs of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle), the next one being Thursday August 3rd !!

3 Likes

I felt sorry for Plastic Man’s side kick in this one.

3 Likes
  1. I think I liked the one-person craft that Alanna mystically protected the best.
  2. Yes and no. Logically, that reveal doens’t make much sense to me. However, given the narrative device used in the story I kind of saw that coming.
2 Likes

Joe Staton really did a great job of all those various flying vehicles this time around.

2 Likes
  1. Space Cabbie’s
  2. Yes, but just about every page has a surprise or 2.
2 Likes

The Space Caddy’s vehicle was very cool!

1 Like

One thing’s for certain: having a space cabby around is awfully convenient. And yay, I’m finally caught up!

2 Likes

Agreed, I can think of a couple times I could have used one.

Woo hoo! Nice work on catching up. That three issues the first time was quite a lot, but I thought it would be fun to read these when they’re hot off the press so to speak.

2 Likes

Just about time to post the new issue that just came out on DC Universe Infinite.

Any other thoughts on this issue?