[Superman Fan Club] Presents: DC Challenge #4 / Challenge of the Superfans Season 3 Week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of Season 3 of a very special challenge / contest , reading **one single issue a week from the currently- digitized DC Universe Infinite collection of Silver and Bronze Age Superman and Family comic over an interesting space of time! As always, you can go back and read an issue and comment on it weeks after it is posted.

This time around: DC Challenge #4, written at the very precipice of the Bronze Age before the Crisis rolled in the Modern Age officially at DC Comics . This is the Pre-Bryne Superman, the pre-Perez Wonder Woman.

DC Challenge #4 “Atomic Nights”

Writer: Paul Levitz Artist: Gil Kane

(link is blurred to avoid spoilers for this 37 year old story)

Q & A:

1. Are you enjoying the Adam Strange tie in?

2. Where you surprised at the hero that was revealed at the end of the issue that was there the whole time?

I read DC Challenge #4
  • Yes I did
  • Oops, I did not

0 voters

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our occasional audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chats), click here: Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And be sure keep an eye out for our once a month first Thursday evening of the month Listen A Longs of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures (in the Watchalong aisle), the next one being Thursday July 6th!!

4 Likes

Does this cover scream “the Bronze Age” or what?

4 Likes

It has definitely been an interesting read so far.

3 Likes

This week’s newly-digitized issue will be posted shortly, but please jump in on this whenever you have a moment. It’s really heating up!!!

2 Likes

Yes, I think I always like an Adam Strange appearance and I was definitely surprised by the hero revealed at the end of the issue. It addded to the delightful chaos of the story. And yes, anytime there is an ape on the cover you know you’re in for an old fashioned, silver-age good time!

2 Likes