Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El) Appreciation Thread

Anima:

Or, and this is not mainstream continuity but I want to mention it anyway, in Superboy: Future’s End #1 Kon-El was paired up with Freefall from Gen13. I thought that made a lot of sense and wouldn’t mind it showing up in main continuity.

2 Likes

anima seems to have been dead for years but due to the unknown status of the character dc could probably bring her back without any explanation
seems like an alright idea if dc doesnt keep conner with m’gann or put him back with cassie sandsmark

2 Likes

Yeah, Prometheus killed her, but idc. Flashpoint. Rebirth. Time skipped and presto!- She’s back.

2 Likes

true
dc did bring back a good amount with rebirth (still annoyed slobo aint back as well as a few others) but yeah dying is temporary in dc unless its not

2 Likes

man hes always hated waller
be nice if he showed up in absolute power and got some revenge for match

3 Likes

superboy hat kinda goes hard but also those shoulder bump things are so inconsistent
kon el reaction image
they were put on his current design tho

2 Likes

apparently hes always been the next nightwing

women apparently like to stare which makes sense given the amount of women hes been/flirted with

3 Likes

softening surfaces with ttk will never return but its insane he can do it

1 Like

can seemingly cover someones arm with ttk without having to hold it (he only has to touch and not hold which isnt always understood by people)
and then move it
if he can control someone elses body with ttk that means he remembers every single part of the human body

given that he made a woman do this it makes sense he remembers everything (cuz he was just leaving his perv era around the time)

2 Likes

intentional or not the modern superboy design really pulls from alot of superboy designs

1 Like

danco
a powerscaler has superboy on a powerscaling list
im really hoping that vsbattle or somewhere makes a page for a modern superboy
hes lower than jon on the list and that just doesnt feel correct

truly nothing against jon but
having all the capabilities of his ttk , his kryptonian powers , his resistance that he seemingly has now to kryptonite (sure kon doesnt know but still) and just the amount of experience he has over jon should put him up higher
same with wonder girl because shes also below him

2 Likes

superboys teen titans design might be a collectors edition
which means save up or get wallets ready
i already have the first superboy figure from mcfarlane

collectors editions typically have a platinum chase
so i wouldnt mind if the chase was match and i got that

but possible platinum chases could be

these are what i think is possible for a platinum chase version of the figure (last one is very unlikely)

2 Likes

this is by far the least likely but want to cover all possibilities

1 Like

only thing i dont like about what mcfarlane is doing is
hes gonna cause way more confusion about superboy
people already think hes jon
but jacket superboy and shirt superboy are the same guy despite conner having two names

he called the jacket figure kon-el and hes calling the teen titans one conner kent

people are gonna think they are different
it’ll get more confusing if he ends up making a new52 superboy or makes match or black zero

2 Likes

That’s on fans for not knowing the difference(s) between different iterations of Superboy, not the DC team at McFarlane Toys, whose job is to make a product us geeks will fork our sheckels over for.

The upside to potential multiple Superboy figures is that they’ll make fans new to the character read-up on him, so that they then can become familiar with his differing iterations.

3 Likes

thats fair i just think superboy figures should have both kon-el and conner kent on it
like kon-el/conner kent or conner kent/kon-el

i forget if the figure card lists both names but if it doesnt it should

my figure cards are somewhere but not near my figures

some people may recognize conner or kon-el more than the other name but if both names were on the box then people would be more likely to buy it and not be confused on if they were the same dude or not

3 Likes

if the conner figure has this hair specifically i might try to make a custom and have to buy a superman figure
to make titans of tomorrow kon

4 Likes

if superboy man of tomorrow originally wasnt going to be canon and they re-arranged stuff to fit in canon

do you think the reason it took so long is because of that or because they might want to later use elements of his miniseries in the upcoming event/events ?
like conners new villain could totally be used in either house of brainiac or absolute power by a villain who wants to possibly use previous enemies to distract the heroes of earth

waller or brainiac could possibly do that if they felt they needed (however travv is in a green lantern prison and i couldnt see waller breaking into it no matter how much shes already been able to do in the dc multiverse
i feel like breaking into a lantern prison is too much)

3 Likes

like i dont see much reason to use conner specifically (im glad they are) in house of braniac unless they are attempting to follow up on something

they might be following up on boy of steels ending from before flashpoint , possibly the conner and m’gann relationship because braniac has been hacked by telepaths before and they might pull the fact that shes a really good one out from the YJ show continuity , possibly following up on man of tomorrow by bringing travv in or they could just be using conner because of the EMP ttk he showcased in action comics

2 Likes

apparently superboy was geoff johns favorite titan
but i cant find the interview that says it
do you think if he was ever gonna write conner again
that you would want him to ?

1 Like