SUNDAY KNIGHTS: Double Feature Movie Watch-Along, 9/22, 8:00 PM & 10:00 PM EST

In October, we’ll be rotating some of our movie library for the first time in a few months. Change, they say, is a good thing: but let’s take a moment to celebrate what we’ve got before it has to go.

This Sunday evening, I’ll be hosting my first community Watch-Along: a DC animated anthology double header. I’ve always had a special fondness for DC’s anthology films, where each is comprised of a series of interconnected shorts by different creative teams to tell smaller stories about a larger world. I’ve always wished DC would do more of these, so now is a great time to appreciate the ones we have.

First, at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM Central – BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT.

This anthology of short films is unique in that it takes place in Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” universe, at some point between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. It’s also special for the Japanese animators which gave it such a unique sense of style, and the coolest version of Deadshot you’ll find this side of Belle Reve.

(Then, we take a short break. Restock your popcorn, go to the bathroom, whatever you gotta do.)

Second, at 10:00 PM EST/7:00 PM Central – GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS.

Narrated by Nathan Filion as Hal Jordan, this collection tells some of the stories of the strangest and most interesting alien members of the Green Lantern Corps. It also features an absolutely phenomenal adaptation of “Mogo Doesn’t Socialize,” which in my opinion is the greatest adaptation ever done of any Alan Moore story.

Feel free to join me for either film, or both! The action all goes down in this thread.

Never done a watch-along before? Here’s how it works:

1. Make sure you’ve got a DC Universe subscription so you can, you know, actually watch the movies.
  2. Cue up two devices for best results. Watch the movies on one screen so you can chat with the other viewers on the other.
  3. In order to synchronize our streams, hit play the SECOND that your clock strikes the scheduled time.
  4. Comment in this thread while you watch, and share your reactions!

Let’s not go gentle into that Good Knight!

Screen-Shot-2019-09-16-at-2-14-28-PM.png

5 Likes

I can do Batman: Gotham Knight a-okay. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that one.

4 Likes

Happy to have you, Vroom!

2 Likes

8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM Central – BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT. Ticket for one. Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Don-El!

3 Likes

I’m in.

4 Likes

See you there, AntLeon!

2 Likes

Been trying to get to emerald knight.

3 Likes

You’re welcome to join us, ABB!

2 Likes

Syncronizing Bat Watch to make sure I tune in at the right Bat Day / Bat Time…

1 Like

Two nights to go!

The time is flying by, I’m inviting friends!!!

1 Like

16 hours 15 minutes

2 Likes

less than 12 hours…hope these are fun to watch, I’m banking my precious time on it, lol…

1 Like

Less then 8 hours

2 Likes

3.5 hours!

Less than 3 hours now!

90 minutes!

35 minutes

1 Like

This will be my first rewatch of both.

1 Like