Starting the DC Cinematic Universe from scratch, what would you do?

I was thinking maybe something where there’s a movie from different eras across the DCU in an order something like this:

-Jonah Hex
-JSA (or some other WWII characters like the Blackhawks or something)
-Justice League (all the characters would be established and the JLA would already be functional)
-Batman Beyond
-OMAC
-Kamandi
-Legion of Superheroes

Then it would culminate in some time travel Crisis like event where they all cross over. Phase Two could have a similar structure, but focus on the Multiverse instead (maybe a Red Son movie or a Kingdom Come movie). I like this structure because there could he some long, interconnected arc (maybe with Vandal Savage as a villain in a role similar to his on Young Justice), without needing a reason why the heroes aren’t calling on each other. It would also share the spotlight a little.

1 Like

@ zombiechan,
I totally agree, and think that DC / Warner Bros should focus on the mystical side of the comic books. They should make those characters household names before they somehow link the separate origin movies together in a shared DC mystical universe. (DCMU)

1 Like

Feature films done right & with class… #1 RECAST EVERYONE. Then… Batman 2020, John Constantine 2020, Court Of Owls 2021, Teen Titans 2021, Nightwing 2022, The Last Son 2022, Speedforce 2023, A.R.G.U.S. 2023, Fight For Light 2023, The Kryptonian 2024, The Brainiac War 2024, Daring Vigilante 2025, The Amazon 2025, The Atlantean 2026, Justice 2026, Diana: Queen of Themyscira 2027, Injustice 2027, King Of Atlantis 2028, Darkseid War 2028, Justice League 2029. Batman Eternal 2029, Zatana 2030, Red Hood 2030, Flashpoint 2031, Beyond 2031.

3 Likes

I would definitely NOT attempt another Batman/Superman film for a while. Instead, I’d focus on the continued success of WW and Aquaman and depending on how well Shazam does(it looks pretty awesome) keep him in the mix.
Also, I’d replace the dark and gritty world of Batman with someone similar but different, like Azrael or even Rorschach. Supes will likely meet his replacement with Shazam.
Now we would also focus on the antihero/villains such as the Sirens, which should be awesome, and maybe add a Poison Ivy solo movie(yep, I said it lol). With her as the focal point, we can ease in some of the usual heroes like Batgirl or Nightwing- anything but Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent as they seem to be cinematically toxic.
I’d really like to explore any of the OTHER Green Lantern characters, particularly Jessica Cruz.
Finally, I’d like to see a Watchmen style film centered around a grown up, ready for action Raven.

1 Like