Starting the DC Cinematic Universe from scratch, what would you do?

I know my ideas won’t ever get made, they are to radical. I’m old and tired of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, et al. Let’s get some new characters out there. Maybe a Wildcats movie or The Authority. I’d love to see a dark horror movie with The Creeper or a fantasy epic with Princess Amethyst. DC has already lost the last 2 generations, probably going to lose a third. Should try to take advantage of the uncertainty with phase 4 at Marvel and the Valiant snail at Sony

3 Likes

@DarkeJeff The Creeper would be batshit insane. He’s like a cross between something out of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Tim Burton’s mind. I could see it as a slapstick horror film with Sam Rami or Ryan Murphy influences.

1 Like

I would copy the efforts of the animated side of DC. Just do straight live-action adaptations of specific stories. A good example is Superman. A common complaint I’ve heard is that Superman can’t be understood by people today, he’s old-fashioned. Do a live-action adaptation of Superman vs. The Elite. The entire story is about Superman’s values pitted against a group of vigilantes who are willing to kill villains and overthrow governments that they deem to be evil and corrupt. With Batman, instead of making a movie inspired by The Dark Knight Returns like BvS, actually adapt and translate TDKR to live-action. Oh here’s an idea, adapt the Earth One graphic novels into movies. Those are excellent!

1 Like

Phase 1

M.o.S - It would be basically the same movie, but bright and hopeful. Toss out the tornado scene. After he figures out out to fly do a montage of him around the world save people, stopping natural disasters, saving kittens from trees. Then rest if the movie. Then two End credit scenes one would introduce Luthor overlooking a destroyed metropolis and other would show a ship floating through space

M.o.S 2 - WaynE Enterprises and Lex Corp both support aid to help Metropolis. Clark meets both them for the first time. Metallo and Parasite are going to be the villains. The pod from first crashes in Gotham

WW - Same movie steve trevor doeasnt die.

Aquaman

Batman: Is already established dont need to revisit his origin story. Opens of with chasing after th and HQ but they get away, thus setting up for Worlds finest. Then it would go on to be about Black Mask an upcoming crime mob who is muscling on Penguin and Carminie turf. Dick Grayson is nightwing at this point, the current Robin is Jason. I would be begin to set the stage for A death in the family and then under the red hood.

Batman/Superman Worlds finest - basically adapt the cartoon into live action. End scene show Batman showing Superman want was in the pod.

Phase 2

Wonder Woman 2

Batman 2: death in the family

M.o.S 3 - Prolly bring in Mongul, Supergirl has woken up

Trinity

Aquaman 2

Batman - dark Knight
Villian - joker
Story - it would be his origins and then goes to Gotham to fight the joker and stop crime

Superman - man of steel
Villian - general zod
Story - the same as man of steel in dceu

Batman 2 - return
Villian - Deathstroke and penguin
Story - batman meets dick and he becomes Robin and penguin hires Deathstroke to go after them so they got to stop them

Green lantern corps
Villian - sinestro and atrocitous
Story - his origins and a John Stewart will teach him how to be a green lantern and there would be a war between green , red , and yellow lanterns

Aquaman
Villian - ocean master and black manta
Story - the same as Aquaman in dceu

Wonder woman
Villian - Ares , general ludendorf , and doctor poison
Story - the same as dceu

Flash
Villian - Captain cold, heatwave, and weather wizard
Story - his origins and then he goes to star labs and Jay Garrick trains him and Cisco and Caitlin help and then they go to stop Captain cold , heatwave , and weather wizard

Batman v superman Dawn of Justice
Villian - lex Luthor and doomsday
Story same as dceu but cyborg is a big part and dick quits being robin and they show cyborg origins and cyborg will help superman, wonder woman, and batman fight doomsday

Suicide squad
Villian - Maxwell Lord and enchantress
Story - Amanda waller talks to the government about task force x and the members would be Deadshot , Harley Quinn , diablo , killer croc , bronze tiger , Captain boomerang , bane , Rick flag , and katana government likes the idea so then Maxwell Lord and enchantress start destroying Midway City so they assemble the suicide squad to stop them and bronze tiger , Diablo , katana , and Rick flag die

Justice league
Villian - Steppenwolf
Story - it starts with Batman and green lantern fighting a parademon and they go investigate what’s happening so batman says its time so he goes to find Aquaman, flash, wonder woman, and cyborg. Then from there it will be the same movie as in the dceu but Darkseid kills Steppenwolf for his failure and in the after credit scene lex Luthor gets sinestro , joker , black manta , and Deathstroke to join the legion of doom

PHASE 2 

Shazam
Villian - doctor sivana
Story - would be the same in dceu because it looks good and after credits would tease black Adam and superman would make a cameo in the movie

Nightwing
Villian - black mask and joker
Story - black mask controls alot of bludhaven but is corrupt and is actually bad so Nightwing goes to stop him and he meets Jason Todd his replacement and he wants to help him stop black mask but Jason dies by joker because joker pretended to be black mask. Joker captured and tortured black mask but he escaped and then declared war on joker so Nightwing had to stop them but not alone so he got help from batman.

Superman 2 - man of tomorrow
Villian - brainiac
Story - superman finds Supergirl and trains her then Supergirl told him how Krypton got destroyed and that brainiac is out looking for them so brainiac found out that they were in planet Earth so he went there to destroy it and the Kryptonians so superman and Supergirl have to stop him

Green arrow and black canary
Villian - Prometheus
Story - it would be there origins because when he gets back from Lian yu he trains Laurel and they go to stop Prometheus

Titans
Villian - brain , doctor light , Deathstroke , and red hood
Story - Nightwing forms the Titans and they are Starfire , Raven , beast boy , and blue beetle to stop the brain and doctor light but they send Deathstroke after them but red hood is also after the Titans mainly for Nightwing because he failed to save him so he is going after them

Wonder woman 1984
Villian - cheetah
Story - the same way the dceu would do it but not a reboot and after credits will have cheetah join the legion of doom

Aquaman 2
Villian - black manta
Story - it will be a Revenge story for black manta and he will pretend to be an atlantian and make them fight each other

Justice league 2 - legion of doom
Villian - legion of doom ( joker , lex Luthor , Deathstroke , cheetah , sinestro , and black manta
Story - Shazam , green arrow , and black canary join the Justice league and they got to stop the legion of doom and after credits show that Darkseid is coming

PHASE 3 

Titans v suicide squad
Villian - black Adam
Story - Batman doesn’t like the suicide squad so he sends the Titans after them and red hood and king shark both join the suicide squad. The Titans and suicide squad fight but while they fight black Adam is trying to destroy the world so both teams team up to stop him and all of the suicide squad members die

Flash 2 - flashpoint paradox
Villian - reverse flash
Story - flash finds out that reverse flash killed his parents so he tries to stop but fails then goes back in time to stop but creates flashpoint where wonder woman and Aquaman are bad , Thomas Wayne is batman , superman landed in a government facility , Hal Jordan never becomes green lantern , Shazam green arrow black canary the Titans and cyborg our trying to stop the war , and Barry never got struck by lightning. So Barry has to get his powers back fix this and stop reverse flash but alot of heroes die and reverse flash told him if they die in flashpoint they die in real life and everyone excepted flash and green lantern died

Doctor fate
Villian - Trigon
Story - after flashpoint new heroes started to rise one of them was doctor fate this will be his origins. Doctor fate feels a disturbance and it is Trigon and he is going to destroy the world now that Raven is dead so doctor fate has to stop them

Green lantern 2 - blackest knight
Villian - black hand
Story - heroes that died start coming back to life but as black lanterns so flash , green lantern , supergirl , and doctor fate have to stop black hand and save there heroes. Supergirl was not a part of the flashpoint. They do stop black hand and save the heroes but Hal Jordan is now the last green lantern all the others died by black hand

Shazam 2 - rise of the black Adam
Villian - black Adam
Story - Shazam and Supergirl have to stop black Adam from destroying the world. And after credits show new heroes rising like atom, hawkgirl, Stargirl, vixen, citizen steel, firestorm, Constantine, and white canary.

Legends of tomorrow
Villian - vandal Savage
Story - rip Hunter forms the legends with are atom , firestorm , white canary , Constantine , hawk girl , star girl , vixen , and citizen steel. Rip Hunter saw that in the future vandal Savage destroy the world so the legends have to stop him but Constantine , rip Hunter , and star girl die but they save the world

Justice league 3 - elseworlds
Villian - Darkseid
Story - all the heroes of this cinematic universe form together to stop Darkseid and fail and the only ones that survive are the og Justice league and firestorm and atom. After credits tease Spectre

Spectre
Villian - doctor destiny
Story - Spectre has to stop doctor destiny from destroying the world with the book of destiny after credits show the moniter telling Spectre that a greater threat stronger than Darkseid is coming

Justice league 4 - crisis on infinite Earth’s
Villian - Darkseid and anti moniter
Story - the remaining heroes have to stop Darkseid once and for all but Spectre and the moniter tell them that the anti moniter is coming and they got to stop both of them.

2 Likes

Hire better directors (like Patty Jenkins and James Wan), keep the “suits” away from the creative process, and not try to play “catch-up” with Marvel Studios.

3 Likes

Start with the JSA and go from there.

2 Likes

I would make solo movies for most of the justice league like the more well known ones, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Flash, GL, etc and ik most batman and superman movies ALWAYS sort of retell the childhoods like krypton exploding and Bruces parents being shot but i would start with showing Bruces parents and what they were like before they died and the same with supermans and also show what the Kent family was like before Clark came along and with Wonder Woman i would Show more of the life of tge Amazons tgen bring in Diana as a baby and see them all grow up

Then i would make a jl movie bringing tgem together but also gradually introducing not AS well known characters like idk Vixen, Black Canary, Black Lightning and such

Then i would make a joker movie that obviously couldnt show too much of his childhood but he would have like random memories that DONT go together whatsoever like him being beat up by his parents and him being in a loving Family that dies but he doesnt know whays real bc the acid made him forget and eventually Batman would put him in Arkham where he would meet the beautiful but tempered Dr. Harleen Quinzel who he would see has a bit of a dark side to her and then it would show the whole thing where the warden would find out she was fallin in love and call her insane and harley would kill her then go dress up in her original costume bc we barley seen that in live action exept that small part with margot and Jared in suicide squad but then she would eventually change to a costume with elements of all her costumes from tge years and it would show tge messed up relationship and at the end after the credits would show harley running away as he sleeps then she would fall asleep and wake up in a house with a red headed woman in a green leavy outfit above her leading to a harley movie

The Harley movie would start with showing a bit of young Harleen ans her family then when she goes to school and how she turned the D to an A if you dont know what im talking about its ok and then she would be friends with ivy and it would kinda tie in the new 52 where she gets a building and whatever tgen at the end it would show Catwoman laying on the street and Harley and Ivy dragging her in leading to…

Gotham City Sirens and you should know what to expect from that mischief and mayhem and whatever and a couple appearences from joker and Catwomans favorite plaything Bman

Then a Birds of Prey movie with the more classic line up Huntress, Canary, and barbara as batgirl not oracle

Then a teen titans movie with Star, Damian, Dick, Gar, Raven, Donna Troy, Wally and probably others

And tgen bring in the justice league once again to stop the drum roll :joy: THE LEGION OF DOOM with again a classic but also a just little twisted lineup of Lex, Grodd, Cheetah, Giganta, Joker, Killer Frost, Riddler, Deathstroke, Poison Ivy, Harley for a little Mitah J and harls tension, and last but not least Scarecrow just to shake things up a little

Then maybe a sequel to JL

A couple more solo hero movies Martian Manhunter, Hawkman and Girl, Vixen, etc.

Then some more Themyscirians i dont think tgats the right word but im gonna go with it with a Cheetah movie or possibly just a sequel to WW with Cheetah in it

Kara Zor El Girl of Steel showing a more competitive side to clark and Kara with Kara trying to be a hero like Clark but Clark being worried for Kara

Supersons maybe

Nightwing?

Raven daughter of darkness to show off her origin

Koriand’r princess of Tamaran with little to no earth scenes just Tamaran and introduce Blackfire

I think a Killer Frost movie would be cool or maybe three🤔
1 Crystal Frost the ice Queen
2 Louise Lincoln the cold killer
3 Caitlin snow the Heat Vampire

Poison Ivy and Catwoman movies in my opinion are well overdue

Suicide Squad with NO Joker bc he shouldnt be in it at all

Batgirl movie

Black Canary movie

Deathstroke

Teen Titans: Betrayl of Terra

This is gonna sound dumb but if you think about it could be cool AMANDA WALLER THE WALL showing her family and kids and a whole new rendition of the suicide squad

And of course my Chris Quinn character but anyway i gotta go to sleep so im done

1 Like

FREAKING HECK YEAH! Scrap everything, start fresh AND DO IT RIGHT! Don’t get me wrong, all the movies so far had enjoyable moments, but I feel that they could have been way better. Well, “Wonder Woman” and “Aquaman” were both pretty great. Sorry if you hated them and prefer the dark depressing movies more.

1 Like

I want the movies to continue, not reboot. If DC was forced to reboot. That would be the end, there wouldn’t be any hope for their cinematic universe, because no one would want to see it.

Hmm, your probably right.

1 Like

I’d make them all big budget animated films. I’d have DC give up on live action entirely; it’s in animation where they’ve always thrived.

1 Like

I might do something like:

PHASE 1 (Golden Age)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Green Arrow

PHASE 2 (Silver Age)
The Flash (Barry)
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
JLA
Teen Titans

PHASE THREE (Bronze Age)
World’s Finest
Green Lantern Corps
Green Arrow 2
New Teen Titans
Crisis on Infinite Earths

PHASE FOUR (Dark Age)
The Flash 2 (Wally)
Justice League International
Suicide Squad
Batman 2 (potentially including some elements of The Killing Joke and A Death in the Family? Or maybe Knightfall?)
The Death of Superman

PHASE FIVE (Modern Age)
Nightwing
JLA 2
Birds of Prey
Infinite Crisis
Blackest Night

• Make a Superman movie with unbelievable action scenes showing him doing Superman things. Show him as a the beacon of hope he is meant to be. Embrace the boy-scout and show the strength and restraint it takes to be one when you have those powers. Don’t do an origin story…we all know it…just jump right into it. Show him married to Lois and introduce his son Jon. Bring back the trunks.
  • Make a Batman movie that shows how he’s alway 2 steps ahead of everyone. Show him beat the bad guy not just with his muscle and gadgets, but with his amazing mind and detective skills.
  • Wouldn’t change anything about Wonder Woman. Keep at it, DC!
  • No need for a Justice League origin. If need be, explain what the JL is and who the heroes are in the first 10 minutes. Introduce the Hall of Justice. Show the team meeting and discussing how to handle the big bad…with each playing an essential role. Make it epic in scale…have them kick Darkseid’s or Brainiac’s ass to oblivion!
2 Likes

I’m actually working on a fanedit series, with this exact concept…rearranging scenes and adding in new music to create a new narrative. You can see a trailer here, if you’re interested. Premieres March 23.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6C9SIeLJU&t=20s

1 Like

Ideally this what I would done for Phase 1 for the DC Films.

• Wonder Woman (The film was perfect. Gadot is perfect as Wonder Woman. Establish her as the world’s first superhero. No changes necessary.)

-Superman/Man of Steel - (Keep Cavill. Keep Zod the villain. Made the tone of the movie a bit lighter. Have Superman be seen as an outcast but embraced after he saved Metropolis. Include a post credits scene of footage of him being viewed by Batman in the batcave. We don’t see Batman’s face.)

-The Batman (I would have kept Affleck or gone with an actor in his mid-late 30s. Establish that he’s been operating in Gotham City for at least 10 -12 years. The Batman family or the very least Robin/Dick Grayson exists. Primary villain of this film is The Court of Owls. At the end of the film show the Joker escaping from Arkham Asylum being aided by the help of Lex Luthor.

• Wonder Woman 2 (Primary villain being Cheetah. Have Batman and Superman approach her.)

-Man Of Steel 2 (Lex Luthor is the primary bad guy. Older business man (Older then Bruce). Lex escapes sets in motion the build of the Injustice Gang.

• Aquaman ( No change necessary - Would introduce a post credit scene of Wonder Woman recruiting him.)

• The Flash ( Keep it simple. Have the big bad of the movie either be Zoom or Captain Cold – Have Batman turn up to recruit him.)

• Green Lantern Corps (Introduce Hal probably around Superman and Batman’s age. Have Sinstero be the villain of that film. Hal isn’t recruited but is informed an impending threat coming to Earth. )

-Justice League (The Justice League (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman & The Flash vs. The Injustice Gang (Lex, Luthor, The Joker, Cheetah Black Manta & Captain Cold) . After the defeat of the gang. The Justice League admits they need to build the league bigger. Opening the door of heros to make their big screen debut (Green Arrow, Black Canary, Shazam etc…) Do two post credit scenes -Tease Green Lantern coming to Earth to meet Earth’s heroes. Then another post credit shot of Darkseid as the big bad threat coming to Earth as he’s preparing to invade Earth.)

2 Likes

Keep aquaman in retcon parts of the first woman in 84 do new solo films with post credit scenes teasing staro as the Villian then do justice league of America as a rebooted film with him as the Villian bringing everyone together

1 Like

JSA during WWII

1 Like

I would want it to be made like Hybrid Networks DC Cinematic Universe.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2VTBV1x2WNuEbF6vvwBnWV2CGHUJE_yy

Honestly, I would do away with a cinematic universe and focus more doing tv show universes.

But if we had to do movies I’d say focus on something that the general public hasn’t seen before. I’d like to see them turn their focus on the magic characters of DC which would make them seem a tad different then MCU. Start out with I, Vampire, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Zatana, and DeadMan and have them group together for a Justice League Dark film.

1 Like