STARGIRL Will Shine on DC Universe in Spring 2020

The CW’s Stargirl | Season Trailer

4 Likes

Stargirl, Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing all exist as part of the brand-new Arrowverse Multiverse that Crisis has birthed, but the “core” of the franchise remains Arrow, The Flash '14, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Batwoman, and now Black Lightning.

2 Likes

Arrow hasn’t been the core of CWVERSE for several years, it basically started to become the Flashverse, if you want to put a single show name to it. That occurred right as LoT started. Let us not forget that Legends was formed from 6 characters from the Flash and only two from Arrow

1 Like

The official name for the franchise is still the Arrowverse, though.

1 Like

And now that arrow is gone, I wonder how long that name will stick.

The reason it is called the Arrowverse is that Arrow started it all. It does not matter how many character came from this show or that show, fact is, we would not have any of them if it was not for the success of Arrow, so it will ALWAYS be the Arrowverse…

1 Like

Just like the Yankees will always play in “The House that Ruth Built”.

Oh…wait…they don’t anymore.

Times change and we change with the times so does the language we use to describe things.

Nope, this is different than a building. The whole universe is spawned by Arrow. The same would be said of God (for believers, just using an analogy and not trying to convert/divert anyone). God is said to create our universe, so we do not give others credit for it (if you believe). Arrow spawned this universe and there is no way to give any other credit for it…

1 Like

But the name of “god” has changed (using a monotheistic model, and even when approached from strictly monotheistic Jewish, Christian and Muslim perspectives)

The Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh Superman film universe only had limited involvement from Richard Donner, but is colloquially still referred to as the “Donnerverse”.

This is the same basic idea.

1 Like

But that was focusing on a single character, (Batman 89 is not in the Donnerverse) and the Donnerverse is not (as was stated earlier regarding “Arrowverse”) the “official” name.

Now it’s just the “Post-Crisis CWVERSE.”

Here’s an idea, call it what you want, but we can all agree hat we love (all or parts of) it and it has changed the game for comics on TV going forward. I really can’t wait to see Stargirl, and the potential of crossing over in the future is and idea I welcome, as I really hope they have Earth 2 in WWII, but I know it will be modern day. WWII would have been such a cool potential though…

1 Like

I really doubt that Berlanti and Co. will change the official name of the franchise just because its origin point is ending.

1 Like

It should always be the Arrowverse.

3 Likes

Stars and STRIPE!

6 Likes

An amazing moment!

2 Likes

Cool

So did Stargirl, or any other DCU character, appear in Crisis?

Wait, what? Crisis CREATED a multiverse? Wasn’t there already a multiverse before Crisis? Isn’t the whole POINT of Crisis to end the multiverse concept and have everything happen on one Earth?

1 Like

The CWVERSE is now all one one earth. There are other DC shows that are disconnected from the CWVERSE shows. So a modified multiverse from an overall DC programming continuity makes sense.

2 Likes

You can try to call it what you want, but it is still the Arrowverse :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

3 Likes