Stargirl Season 3 Discussion Thread

Could be a red herring but 90% sure.

4 Likes

Before I lay down my own observations on last night’s episode, I’d love to hear more about your " hatred " of the JSA, old and new. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

OG JSA were douchebags who treated Pat like crap, and now the new JSA have become judgemental and hypocritical.

3 Likes

I really love Mr. and Dr. Chapel. They are the closest this place has to normal people.

3 Likes

I am amazed at how patient that priest is. I was really wondering if Stargirl was going to start shutting brains down.

I think this illustrates the Miraclo getting to his head. There are way safer ways to test it.

4 Likes

At one point Grandma was going to kill Pat and Barbara. Grandpa stopped her.

4 Likes

Was that a skull? Even at the end I still couldn’t really tell what the picture on the puzzle was supposed to be

4 Likes

I am not sure, but it looked like a skull to me.

2 Likes

I have watched the episode twice. It is definitely a skull.

3 Likes

I doubt it is him in the promo but this does look like Mr. Terrific’s arm.

3 Likes

Overall, another fine episode. All clues continue to point to Mr. Bones, of the Helix Foundation (introduced last season), as our behind the scenes mystery man. Whether he is also responsible for the murder of the Gambler, and the assault on Sylvester, is still to come out. Right now, there’s a little thing called “motive” that seems to be missing here. Other than that, there is all that B&E and unlawful surveillance stuff to deal with.

Another great choreographed action sequence between Wildcat and Shiv. One that exploded into the street, and quickly brought in (thanks to Beth), the rest of the team. Everyone (except Court) willing to think the worst of Cindy. What with her having tried to kill them before, an all. And Cindy of course (choosing to keep all her problems private), only added to the misunderstandings. As well as all the bumps and bruises that followed. Court’s teammates continue to be judgemental about Cameron. Assertions about him based on nothing more than “like father, like son” assumptions. Whether Cam will be drawn to the darkside by his grandparents (once the truth about Stargirl’s part in his father’s demise comes out), is still unknown. That ole’ lady scares me!

Nice to see Sylvester again picking up the torch of adviser to the team, and mentor to Court. His best (and most emotionally revealing) scene yet, on what appears to be his continuing path down the road of redemption. Beth continues to earn her place as team tech wiz. And remains understandably worried about her parents safety. Miraclo proved a problem for Rex Tyler in the comics. Nice to see that being explored here as well.

And of course, the whole Mike/Jakeem/Cindy thing, continues to provide some humorous moments. I also agree that the Genie is an understandably, underused resource at present. I’m both surprised and impressed that the boys are showing such restraint with that kind of power, at their fingertips. That wouldn’t be an easy thing for any of us. Well, that’s my 2 cents. Looking forward to next week!

Stay safe, be well

5 Likes

Regarding Cindy, let’s see now. She’s already looked on suspiciously because she, you know, tried to kill them all before! Granted they should just forgive 'n forget, But somehow these teens (with all due respect to you teens out there) in possession of super-powers or augmented in some way or other, and ruled as much by their emotions as there hormones, don’t quite seem able to do that.

Cindy stole the laptop (let’s say for all the reasons she gave), and then didn’t tell her “teammates.” Knowing, they already don’t trust her, and would take any false move by her, to justify that mistrust. A bad call by Cindy, but one that added to the problem, not helped with a solution. So, do I feel that her actions added to the overall misunderstanding of the situation, yes I do. '‘Sorry, we’re just gonna’ have to agree to disagree on this one. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I think they proved it was the right call to keep them out of the loop and try to solve it by herself.

In hindsight would probably have been to tell just Stargirl who tells just Dr. Mid-Nite, but Hourman and Yolanda were already crusading on the falty logic that having the laptop equals killing.

When they mentioned whoever had the laptop was the killer at a meeting I kept wondering if Shiv was about to reveal she had it for safe keeping or something.

6 Likes

In hindsight (as you say) what happens when Rick and Yolanda find out that Court and Beth are keeping “secrets” Wow! Talk about bustin’ up the team. Remember what happened with Pat and Barbara. It just keeps snowballing, doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Then they have to learn already.

I do not see Rick telling everybody he removed the crucial safety from his powers which is insanely dangerous even by their standards. Yolanda waited longer than this to spread the information that she killed Brainwave. These two do not have a leg to stand on.

Then when they find out information they go crazy claws and vans blazing.

They forgot the entire purpose of being heroes, to protect and save, not punish and apprehend.

5 Likes

To protect and save, not apprehend and punish. I turned that last part around, sorry. I like that phrase though. I may use it in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

5 Likes

Mr. Terrific isn’t a villain.

5 Likes

Your points about the Crocks and the Dugan-Whitmores are well expressed. And I admit I hadn’t considered them when discussing Cindy. Likewise your observation regarding her cheerleading status at school. I’d forgotten that her father had her there for the express purpose of watching Henry Jr. and his interactions with classmates for any signs of “mental powers.” But I never discounted her “science experiment” background. Clearly placing her in a unique and heart breaking position, compared to the others. Nor did I ever say she wasn’t deserving of a second chance. Only that, without any trust in those she wants to “emulate,” further misunderstandings are the only foreseeable outcome. And I’ll grant you, that’s a 2-way street. We can only hope that Courtney’s “look for the good, in everyone” position, will rub off on the others. And I have no reason to believe otherwise. Her staff, isn’t the only thing that “shines” on that team!

6 Likes

E6

Great episode

Mike and Jakeem still trying to recruit for the YAS. Fun moments with Zeke’s words of wisdom.

Pat and Barbara off to visit the Ice grandparents. Fun scene there with Pat and the grandpa trying to play it cool while the grandma and Barbara getting intense.

Courtney still trying to teach Cam the good his powers can do. As he still believes the good version of his dad.

The JSA mostly wildcat taking the laptop from Cindy after breaking in to her house. Get a decent plan but all goes south. Big fight and the reveal of Cindy’s condition and Cam’s powers. A lot of mistrust lies and aggression thrown around.

Then the reveal that they’re being watched. By who I think is Mr. Bonesbut you never what twists could come. :thinking:

Will the JSA patch things up? Can Cindy find a cure? Who is watching Blue Valley? All this and more Same Star Time Same Star Channel

6 Likes