Stargirl S1, E9 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Totally understand it especially from an emotional side but if you take emotion out of it I’d rather have brainwave. You’re going up against the ISA a team that has been around for decades and beat a full roster JSA who also has decades of training. I’d much rather have someone with brainwaves powers over Yolanda especially considering Yolanda probably isn’t even close to as skilled of a fighter as Ted Grant.

1 Like

How would it get a larger viewing group by moving exclusively to the CW vs the way it currently is where it streams on 2 services, one being the CW?

2 Likes

Because the CW can be picked up on local tv with an antenna for people who don’t stream. Not everyone gets their programming from the internet.

1 Like

Great episode! Looked kinda like Brainwave Sr. might’ve lost his memory for a second!

1 Like

The show already airs on the CW channel on Tuesday nights though.

Season two will not be the first season to air on the CW. It’s already there.

1 Like

so they went with the SM: homecoming reveal.

So icicle is an ice giant… not what I was expecting but to be fair I know nothing about his origin.

Seeing Yolanda’s reaction made me remember that she became wildcat not to be a superhero but to have an outlet for her pain and stress. Depending on how they use it, she could have a really interesting story in S2.

Am I the only one that wants something to happen between henry and courtney? Temporarily of course. Just thinking about S2 and I have no idea what they would do. Since the main cast are 15-17 yrs old, they can’t go on prolonged trips outside of the town and Blue valley is a small place, so I can’t imagine any new crime organisations moving in.
The only thing I can see them doing is Shiv creating a new ISA and this will most likely include icicle jr. So with him, Yolanda, courtney and henry, I feel it could lead to some interesting stuff.

2 Likes

Talk about another chilling episode… :cold_face: :sweat_smile:

It was definitely interesting seeing the backstory on Brainwave. Interesting how both father and son had accidents with their first victims. (Hopefully it is the last for Jr. :crossed_fingers:)

Henry Jr. might also just have to have a nice long talk with Yolanda. From their encounter in the hospital in reading her thoughts, they most likely have not talked in how it was not him that leaked the photo of her, and how it was most definitely Cindy’s doing. (Time for a well deserved nap Cindy :sleeping: :smile:)

It was also a nice shout out to the 7, or 8, Soldiers of Victory! :smiley:

An interesting turn of events with Sir Justin regaining his memory while Henry Sr. has seemingly lost his now. :thinking:

“Family Dinner” at the Dugan’s was also definitely illuminating for Courtney and Pat. Courtney’s mistrust in thinking everyone is in the ISA might actually push Cameron to the ISA more now. :flushed:

Barbara also had a great reaction to the cosmic staff! It will be interesting seeing how Pat and Courtney explain that one for sure next episode! :grin: :+1:

4 Likes

Seeing as I don’t watch the CW at all I did not know that. I just knew I could get that channel on my old bedroom tv. Thank you for pointing that out. Now I can see it on something other than my tablet.

The best?? You must not have watched the first few seasons of arrow or flash they were way better way darker the cast still seemed excited about the show now not so much unless your 10 years old it’s kinda hard to watch. I still watch The Flash because my son is 4 and he likes it but that’s about it hell batwoman couldn’t even stand it she quit her own show

1 Like

I thought icicle was going to find out who Courtney was when he was leaving there house. Wow Yolanda your a tough since you stood up to Henry he could have given you a stroke or something great job

3 Likes

First of all it’s his opinion everyone has different opinions

3 Likes

Love the episode. Gave some great feedback into Brainwave and you see Henry going over and over in his head the type of man he wants to be because of these powers.

Several things that stood out to me:

1. The founding fathers of Blue Valley, could they somehow be related to the ISA or just happy coincidence.

2. wonder if this means we wont be seeing Cindy the rest of this season. Also wonder where they stashed her step-mom

3. Barbara knows or is about to. Lets see what her reaction will be and hate we have to wait a week. Have a bad feeling this will be what causes her to run to Jordan’s arms and then the end of the season will be Stargirl and the JSA rescuing her. Wonder if we will get a firm confirmation that Starman is Courtney’s dad or if it is another random guy now. Be more interesting if turns out to be random other guy.

4. Mikey needs to get the pen in the next episode. Dont care that people are going to comment that it has to be Jakeem. Jakeem hasnt shown up yet and it would be funnier with Barbara finding out that Mikey gets super powers too.

5. Henry looks actually looked remorseful at Yolanda saying how she loved him and that he hurt her. To me this is the point that we see Henry realize that if humanity is a monster then so is he so dont become a villian.

6. Justin is trying to regain his memories hard core. However the last time he showed up it seemed like he was already remembering so is something else going on? Also surprised Courtney didnt put two and two together because she remembers a guy with a sword saving her.

7. Brainwave is awake. Have a feeling he will have amnesia of some sort or lost his powers or a combo of the two. Otherwise he goes to the JSA he tells them who Stargirl is and thats game or Stargirl is on the run

8. I know the show lead us to believe that Henry killed the lawyer guy but what if it was actually Brainwave and it was some emotional response to Henry anger and this is what woke him up. Brainwave talked about in the videos how he always felt better after he hurt someone, so why wouldnt Brainwave killing someone while he was in a coma cure him of his coma?

Well that is all that I have for now. Lots of things to mull over from this episode and cant wait for the next one.

8 Likes

I feel like pat was sent to the future since that photo of the seven soldiers of victory looked so old and the costumes looked old.

4 Likes

I’m sure (or at least hope) @stargirl-aftershow-podcast will have some fun BTS photos of that Seven Soldiers photoshoot to post on their site!

1 Like

Sadly, I have no BTS shots of that… but I do have the photo in COLOR! (It was actually shot in color and made B&W in post).

2 Likes

I find it slightly messed up that Yolanda thinks Henry deserves to die for what he did, and yet she expects forgiveness from her parents. I know she got hurt from that. But he was sorry for it. You can see it plainly written on his face. She needs to realize that, if she wants to actually be a real hero.

The rest of the episode was great. Loved the 7 Soldiers+ reference maybe they’ll get Stephen Amell to cameo as GA. That would be amazing.

Icicle’s parents are mean. But it’s easier to judge someone when you think they can’t understand you. Still, that grandma is a total jerk. Icicle had perhaps the creepiest moment in the show when he talks to Courtney. That made me seriously uncomfortable.

You would think Icicle would know the face of one of his enemies by now, or that Pat would have recognized Jordan.

3 Likes

But then shouldn’t they have known that he was icicle right away when he stepped Inside. I mean his super villain identity is literally his face just ice blue.

3 Likes

Yeah. Same with Pat. They secret identity thing really makes no sense with them.

2 Likes

7Soldiers

7 Likes

Cindy is very different from her comic counterpart, but she was locked up the same way in the comic. Safe to say she will be out eventually.