Stargirl S1, E8 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

the whole Courtney and Cindy dynamic is amazing

2 Likes

Correct me but with this news only Titans, Young Justice and Comicbook club remain DCU exclusives as far a shows go: Swampthing canceled, DC Daily canceled, SG exclusive to CW, DP and HQ shared with HBO MAX.

Just merge DCU into HBO max already. Credit our accounts with matching ones there and roll all the content, comics and all, into Max.

9 Likes

Maybe it is like when my dad used to tell us on trips, “Don’t make me come back there young man!”

2 Likes

The Shiv two parter is easily the best part of the series so far, the storylines, character developments of Pat, Henry, Courtney, Mike, and even somehow Bobbie were all amazing. I really hope the CW will be able to keep this up, but knowing their history, I’m cynical. I’m really crossing my fingers here.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a Medusa situation?

2 Likes

At this rate, Courtney’s mother may be the last person to know she’s Star Girl.

3 Likes

You know, I was a little skeptical with everyone basically getting their powers already but you know what I’m actually loving it and loving how they’re all connecting with each other! Also props to Courtney for just tackling her way into Cindy’s room that part was epic! Also first appearance of Brain Wave Jr I like it!

2 Likes

Kind of been on the fence about this show (or so I thought) but I keep coming back every week. This is some good stuff. Relatable characters, engaging content, tense, funny, sad, exciting…what more could you ask? Another winner for the DC Universe. They keep reminding me why I subscribe. Huzzah!

2 Likes

That is a good description of the JSA villain Johnny Sorrow, so this guy might be a composite character.

2 Likes

Faithful to the comics. I still have no idea why they brought her orthodontist in on the secret.

That would make sense BTW @RedHoodKickinButt Cool Name

Ace as in Justice League? Royal Flash gang

Ace as in top notch episode

1 Like

Oooooh Johnny Sorrow would be an awesome Doom Patrol villain

1 Like

Low Key Lady Shiv is cool
I like this teenage coming of age superhero and VILLANS tension BEWTEEN her and Stargirl

TITANS PLAY ATTENTION!

2 Likes

I don’t really understand why the ISA is pretending to not know who Courtney is/Icicle is not telling them. In a previous episode we saw Icicle leave a frozen star under Courtney while she was in her civilian clothes, indicating he knew who she was. Icicle is even going after Barb at work, so what is his game in not disclosing that Courtney is Stargirl?

Stargirl vs Shiv at the end was so good. I’m excited to see which way Henry goes. The villains need him since his dad is indisposed, but he seems like he’s going through some major inner turmoil. Being able to read people’s minds could steer him toward the good side maybe, if he realizes how evil the parents are.

3 Likes

another great episode!

but is it leaving DCU? the talk suggests it’s going to CW only? i’m starting to worry for DCU :frowning:

1 Like

This episode had so much suspense. Wow Cindy is so evil she knows who stargirl is oh no The tension keeps rising I loved this episode haha stargirl threw from the window caught Cindy yay

1 Like

I got the impression that he left the frozen star in a public place to get her attention and/or threaten her. Not that he knew her identity necessarily.

Good episode. Cindy almost had me fooled in the scene in Courtney’s room. I kept thinking “She has to know, right?” then started to doubt it. Nice rematch between the two of them. Henry’s developing powers are an interesting sub-plot. Wondering what side he will ultimately take.

No match on Cindy’s step-mom. I assume she’s a clone created by the Dragon King or a missing person that he brainwashed/surgically altered. Speaking of Dragon King, I remember what he looks like in the comics and can’t wait to see his true face on the show.

Glad this is getting a second season but very disappointed it’s only on the CW. I wish Warner Bros. would make up their mind what they’re doing with the DCU service and stop treating it like a redheaded step-child.

3 Likes

Maybe he is waiting for the right time and using Barbara to get to Courtney

2 Likes