Stargirl S1, E8 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Also Bannerman Chemical is the same company in the comics that Rex Tyler worked at as a chemist!

9 Likes

Another good episode. Starting to wonder if Barbara will find out Courtney’s secret before they actually tell her like in the comics. So surprised that Beth’s plan actually work as well as it did and will be interested to know if we see who is under the hood of the Dragon King. Looking forward to seeing what happens next and what will Henry Jr. do with his new found powers.

6 Likes

Lets not forget who the female firebrand was married to

3 Likes

Okay episode 8 was absolutely crazy, can we get a season 2 confirmation DCu?

5 Likes

Some things that stuck out to me this week

Dragon King saying do not make me remove my hood was both disturbing and has me intrigued.

Beth proving her worth finally by talking Rex down and coming up with a plan.

Mike you knock before opening the door not after.

Pat giving a talk to the cosmic staff.

Icicle serving out some frozen justice with just a breath.

When they said a friend was there to see Courtney It literally made me nervous, but an even bigger curveball was Cindy apologizing. Then they threw another curveball and Cindy called Courtney out at Stargirl

Nothing but wine in Cindys house.

Courtney doesn’t learn, it seems like she just lies to get her way. No pat I’ll rest and heal and won’t go out please, proceeds to hunt down Cindy and attack her.

Henry is a wild card for now it seems he doesn’t like Courtney it seems but we also didn’t see him pick a definitive side yet.

8 Likes

I was bugged by Courtney being nice to him after seeing and knowing how he’s treated Yolanda. Man I called Cindy figuring out who Stargirl is and keeping a lid on it partly cause of her dad. I do wonder what Dragon King looks like under the hood. Meg Delacy is a gem. You can tell she’s relishing playing this role and of course Brec is a gem as well. Luke Is good playing a dad lol

5 Likes

Another AMAZING EPISODE! WOOWEE STARGIRL V. SHIV FIGHT PT2​:sunglasses::popcorn::open_hands:t4:!
BETH IS MY FAVE AND HAD ME CRACKING UP WHEN SHE SAID "NOPE!!":rofl::rofl::rofl:
I LIKE THE WAY EACH CHARACTER CONTRUBUTES TO THE JSA & WORKS TOGETHER, INCLUDING PAT!
Also a little peak into Icicles motivation…justified EXCEPT for the whole killing murderous tendencies.
Also a glimpse of Dr. Ito’s past. so wait- does he know all of their identities now with his surveillance system…?
Well done cast, crew & writers!!

5 Likes

Love that Pat and Beth have no connection when asked questions about they are. Also Beth exploring the tunnels was a little unnerving because she was so out of her element. Party member going off alone like Courtney. The moment the goggles went out it was time to turn around. She no longer has her support.
Tension built well in this episode even though it was the shortest episode by time. Made it seem even shorter.
Pat telling Yolanda you can’t walk around like that was funny as was Bobbie rubbing legs with Pat.
Where was Barbara when Courtney went for the staff?
Great scene with Henry and the key. You could see the conflict he thought off while in the secret room.

2 Likes

I enjoyed part 2, I especially like how they all worked together a little better than before. And now that Henry know that Courtney’s Stargirl, it’s going to be interesting what they do with that info

3 Likes

Really hope Henry eventually joins the JSA not the ISA! Great episode :+1:

2 Likes

Brec posted on her instagram that Stargirl has been renewed by the CW.

8 Likes

Randomly looking at the Stargirl wiki for Dragon King and happened upon a lo-res image from commercial or trailer of Dragon King without his hood!

Summary

4 Likes

I could see why you wouldn’t want him
To remove his hood now.

2 Likes

I seen this as well! Also says it’s going to be a CW exclusive show though so season 2 may not be on DCU :pensive:

1 Like

Another good episode! It was nice to see a sibling moment between Mike & Court! Beth really stepped up to the plate with her plan. Of course Cindy gets snatched into the sewer. Can’t wait to see more. Stargirl is usually the highlight of my Mondays.

3 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. I am happy that we get a 2nd season, but I don’t really trust the CW.

6 Likes

Cindy had me fooled when she brought the balloons and chocolate to Courtney. The fight scene between Courtney/Stargirl and Cindy/Shiv was great! I can’t wait until next Monday!

4 Likes

Wow. Talk about having an uneasy feeling throughout this 2nd part. :fearful:

Going to be a little while til Pat gets the Star Rocket Racer back up to speed, but did make for a good cover story. :thinking:

Those were some good fake outs with Cindy coming over and pretending to be nice only to have her go back on that and say she was going to kill all of the new JSA. :open_mouth:

Very interesting seeing Henry Jr.'s powers develop even more. Definitely could go either way now for which side he will choose to side with in the end. :astonished:

Nice Easter Eggs with the password to the tunnels being 1999 and how Cindy was taken into the sewers also did remind me of how Dragon King’s minions also worked in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Dragon King also seeing all and Pat also knowing about Dr. Ito even though is was years and years ago does seem like there is some timey-whimey things we will still see them uncover in a future episode. :thinking:

Was also very funny seeing Beth, Rick, Yolanda, and Pat get out of Cindy’s house and good on Mike giving Courtney the last bit of pizza bites. :smile: :superman_hv_4:

Why? What happens when the mask comes off?

Courtney really sucks at this whole secret identity thing

5 Likes