Stargirl S1, E8 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Thank goodness Courtney is okay, even if she was injured and has to be on bed rest.

We’ve got a lot of sneaking into other people’s houses this episode! Beth tried to sneak into Cindy’s house while Cindy tried to sneak into Courtney’s house.

Beth, however, finds so much more in Cindy’s house -starting with the entrance to the secret lair!

If you haven’t watched episode 8 yet, make sure you do then come back here and let us know what you thought!

14 Likes

Interesting

3 Likes

I noticed Shiv’s actress did some lying in her interview to throw us off. Good job by her. Great to see a more rounded personality for Mike.

9 Likes

It was too funny but best episode so far but y it leave off on a cliff hanger​:sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

Most of Johns’s JSA comics are like that. A storyline will take up a few issues, but the last few pages are the very beginning of the next storyline. It just seems to be his style.

6 Likes

Anyone see the easter egg slightly obscure but there

1 Like

The Cindy and Courtney beef lol…I really thought that Court was actually gonna be killed off for real this time (thank god she survived, had me shocked for a brief while). Fortunately, “Brainwave Jr” saved the day even though it was an unintentional act since he was only recently aware of his mental powers, thus had little to no control over them. Imagine if he was elsewhere… :fearful:

The code which granted Beth access to the ISA’s secret lair below the Burman residence (1999 if you haven’t watched it already) is the year that Stargirl was created by writer Geoff Johns and artist Lee Moder. Specifically, she first appeared in STARS & S.T.R.I.P.E issue 1, in 1999. That being said, at this point, I assume that everyone is already aware of it. Anyway, a job well done, Johns.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

9 Likes

Which one do you mean? Please specify.

The man who icicle killed

1 Like

Hmm…from my point of perspective, besides him being involved in Christine Mahkent (Icicle’s wife) 's unfortunate death in the past (I believe he poisoned her), I don’t see anything else (maybe it’s just me).

3 Likes

Oh his name mady have to do with two dc characters and bigger is the company name

1 Like

Ace episode. Loved it!

2 Likes

Do you mean the 1999 Easter egg?

5 Likes

Also the year she joined JSA.

3 Likes

No no no

The man icicle murdered last name was reilly he worked for a company called firebrand

4 Likes

Man that was really good, the scene with Pat and Beth had me laughing! Love the little Easter egg with password is 1999, the year Star And S.T.R.I.P.E first came out!
When Cindy came in with a red balloon in Courtney’s room, she’s reminds me of Pennywise! She’s almost as creepy as that clown! I can’t wait to watch the next week episode.:grinning:

4 Likes

As mentioned in this thread, just realized that Mr. Reilly killed by Icicle and the company he works for “Firebrand” is a nod to Firebrand superheroes Rod Reilly and Danette Reilly

10 Likes

I feel like Henry Jr. ‘might’ be a wild card for the series. He may just end up going full villain or a villain who struggles being a villain. That’d be interesting to have the duality of 2 villain legacies with Cindy wanting to be a villain vs Henry who might be forced to be one.

Even with Courtney’s recklessness (again) the scene of her smashing through Cindy’s window to fight was pretty badass. I still dislike Cindy as a person but kinda like her more as a villain now with how conniving she’s being after finding out who Stargirl really is.

Looking forward to the next episode!

7 Likes

Brainwave Jr. will probably want revenge for his father. He might possibly change sides when he see’s what the ISA is really about. I’m surprise we didn’t see Cameron this episode. I hope he doesn’t think Courtney blew him off.

Nice to see the goggles in action again. It appears they have a hard time functioning underground, or perhaps that specific underground has a lot of security to block it. I wonder if Bobby was artificially made since there are no matches with her.

5 Likes