Stargirl S1, E6 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Interesting episode. The whole team really annoyed me in this one as the disrespect towards Pat and Courtney was off the charts. But at least by the end they gave Pat some respect just sucks it took a giant robot to do it. The episode did feel more cartoon-ish at the beginning and some of the school stuff too. Not entirely sure how to feel about this episode.

My favorite part was some of the fight sequences especially when Sports Master was involved. The way he fights is so cool. Barbara and Mike bonding was very sweet too.

2 Likes

Jakeem is said to be Mike’s friend it’s very believable that Mike brings Jakeem over and boom! Jakeem finds the pen! Although I do think something is planned for Mike but I suspect it being the fact that in Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. Mike is told by Pat that Mike Will one day be S.T.R.I.P.E. So maybe we will see Mike throwing one a striped shirt similar to Stripesy and take a gadget of Pat’s and help in the fight. Mainly because I love the idea of Mike being the new Stripesy.

1 Like

It’s good to know Tigress and Sportsmaster are lovely doting parents.

Considering no one died. I’d say the New JSA first mission was a success.

Speaking of dying. I’m surprise that when Beth asked if the security guard is okay, Chuck wasn’t like “He’s dead, Jim.” I would think the goggles would pick up on that since McNider was a doctor.

Plus, I’m really loving all the Chuck moments. I wish OG Mid-Nite was still around as a physical mentor to the new JSA.

Overall, good episode! It’ll be great seeing the team grow and mature.

2 Likes

Jim?

1 Like

Star Trek reference. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh for a second I thought you meant Jim Corrigan The Spectre.

2 Likes

I almost forgot about Jim Corrigan. That would have been a fun easter egg, thinking about it now. Chuck be like “He’s as dead as Jim Corrigan.” XD

2 Likes

Yes and all of them just being like who’s Jim Corrigan!?

Why do you find them horrible?

If you’re really going to compare high school kids tackling each other to getting hit by a car, then I guess I won the argument. Have a nice day :grinning:

He tackled her intentionally after she was already in the end zone; it was unnecessary.

2 Likes

Because other than Stargirl’s and Brainwave’s costumes, and the S.T.R.I.P.E. armor, they all look really campy and stupid.

So cool to see them all suit up! Some of the costumes look a bit cheesy, sure, but they’re comic accurate and that makes this fan happy! I hope Beth has Dr. Mid-Nite’s blackout bombs. She needs some kind of advantage in the field other than just the goggles. Loved seeing Sportsmaster and Tigress in action. Artemis was great and like many of you, I too am wondering if she’ll be a hero or villain in this version.

I’m having a hard time seeing how the new JSA is going to beat the villains. Even if Pat trains them, we’re supposed to believe that a group of teenagers can succeed where the greatest heroes of the previous generation failed? I’m curious how the show’s going to handle that. Has the ISA gotten complacent and overconfident during their time in Blue Valley?

Loved the Strange Adventures shout-out on the marquee and the movie posters.

The entry in Rex Tyler’s journal mentioned Calvin College. That was part of the original Atom’s origin. Was Rex not the only one who wrote in that book?

2 Likes

WOW that episode was really good. Loved it!

I played football, the pads do a lot. The only time you actually get hurt, is if they hit somewhere that isn’t covered in pads.

Well, episode 11’s title reveals they may just have some help. And I’m keeping hopes up that the room glowing in the Injustice Society base is Air Wave I setting up hopefully a season 2 with Air Wave II and a new All-Star Squadron/All-Star Squadron members joining the new JSA.

1 Like

If Sportsmaster has ever used anything golf related then it’s a real sport.

2 Likes

I actually love that they are as awkward and authentic as they were in JSA and Justice Society. That was one of my favorite parts of the comic . Johns and his artists made that part of it – "here we are stupid costumes and all , love us or not " I mean-- Liberty Bell ? SHES GOT A BELL ON HER CHEST-- And what are those dangling things on wild cats mask ??

2 Likes

I enjoyed this episode.

Not so much the plot but the ongoing narrative.

Icicle and son in the diner , Pat getting some respect , some really solid fighting.

I do love that some really weird villains like Sportsmaster and co are looking legit.

Sure young justice made him look pretty good , but when he appeared in Justice League cartoon I was not convinced that was an actual villain. “Sportsmaster?”

Also the Gambler ? Robinson used him in Starman so I was kind of happy to see him . For that reason I cant wait for Shade.

Also loved that Pat pointed out there was no power ring .

But now that we have costumes – why didnt AI Chuck tell Beth about the Black out bombs ?

2 Likes

Where arevyou seeing titles for 11 i dont see them

1 Like