Stargirl S1, E6 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Having watched the episode three times already. Couldn’t sleep for the first one. Watched with the kids the second time and needed to watch again with no one around so the volume could be higher and without kid comments.
It is nice to see Icicle has depth and having been a single father I like the connection he keeps with Cameron.
He also realizes that the rest of the ISA needs to be kept in line. Talk about a group with factions. Yes they appear to work with each other but there is that underlying distrust amongst them.
Interesting that Grundy doesn’t even get a symbolic chair figuring the empty seats would be Shade, Wizard and Brainwave.
Pat and Courtney’s ending talk was priceless.

4 Likes

Everything you said, yeah.

1 Like

G.I. Robot! Wow it’s going to be hard to tell what’s a teaser and what’s an Easter egg by the end of the season

1 Like

At this point I doubt it, I don’t doubt him holding the pen or talking to the thunderbolt but I doubt Mike will be the new owner of the thunderbolt. Especially since Jakeem was already name dropped in episode 4

I am still so bummed about Swamp Thing not getting renewed. I thought it was awesome.

3 Likes

Also as much as I like Young Justice I doubt Artemis will become an Arrow kid even if episode 11 may reveal the seven soldiers of victory Artemis is more likely to become Tigress II like in the comics. Also I’ve seen set footage and I think Brainwave Jr. is joining team hero.

2 Likes

Also confirmation that the principal is the original Fiddler’s wife. It is revealed at the end of the episode when the Injustice Society are talking and to quote Tigress here: “Her Husband could of”

3 Likes

Swamp Thing deserved a second season. Titans, for me, went off the rails in both seasons despite promising starts.

Doom Patrol is still my favourite so far but Stargirl is closing in and that’s really high praise.

3 Likes

I was beyond blown away by Crusher (Sportsmaster) and Tigress. I hated crusher when he first came on screen, then I grew to like him after he freaked out and threw pat’s burger away. And now as a full on villain, both he and Tigress kicked some super-powered butt in entertaining fashion. I’m enjoying both the superhero kids coming together as much as watching the villains stretch their wings and shake off the dust. Great show

5 Likes

It was an extremely late tackle. As a former football player, he ABSOLUTELY deserved to be punched in the face. Getting hit by a full tackle well after the play is over, when you aren’t expecting it, is far more dangerous than a punch to the face

4 Likes

I was worried by the two previous episodes. I thought they were going to do this unstoppable team coming together. It is nice seeing that the group isn’t unstoppable, it gives the encounters stress because now it is “Will they win this time?”

I am becoming less and less of a fan of the super-suit for Wild Cat. Because of the powers they gave the suit, it feels like they have to show them off, doing flips and other things. Wild Cat in all the other versions I saw was a stand your ground and throw punches kind of fighter. Yolanda Montez wasn’t shown to be acrobatic, so why is she doing an acrobatic fighting style?

2 Likes

Deserving it and actually getting it are 2 different things. The coach should have punished both of them. There could be several reasons why they had the coach only come down on Artemis, I for one blame lazy writing because “We need a reason for Sportsmaster and Tigress to kill the coach.”

2 Likes

I loved all the Sportsmaster and Tigress scenes!

I love Pat but Rick dragging the hell out of him in the garage for dragging his feet on investigating the ISA was everything. Cameron’s a strong actor

Edit: Holy ■■■■, those fight scenes were epic. Stargirl and Wildcat held their own even thought they got their butts handed to them. And I Love the Hourman costume

4 Likes

I’m really, really loving this show, and I think it’s doing an especially good job of making each and every fight just as scary and uncertain as it probably seems to the characters, but I have to admit that the costumes are horrible and it’s getting increasingly difficult to ignore. I understand that they’re being comic accurate but maybe straying away somewhat is a good thing?

No it’s not. She had on protective gear and a helmet vs a fist in the face. It was childish and cruel :roll_eyes: . She could’ve (should’ve) been suspended from school let alone the game.

I totally agree, this version of her seems very different from the one in Young Justice. I don’t think she would have punched him if she wasn’t very clearly a spoiled brat.

1 Like

So ■■■■■■■ Gooooood!!!

1 Like

Agree to disagree. Those pads mean nothing when you are getting hit full speed when you aren’t expecting it. Does a car magically protect you from a car accident?
Agree that she should have been punished as well, but it was not cruel. Anyone who gets hit like that would probably react the same.
The kid was cruel for hitting her the way he did. That is about the worst thing you can do to someone in football

1 Like

I assumed Jakeem would come into play based on the name drop, but the pen’s current location really has me thinking it’ll be Mike. I’m not saying surely it’ll be him, since it may just make more sense to use him holding it as a gag. But the second I saw the pen in Courtney’s holder, I could instantly picture the scene where Mike nonchalantly walks into Courtney’s room looking for a pen, takes it for a project, and then becomes the owner of Thunderbolt. I could even see him having it for a while and it only being revealed after he’s already been using it for a while. It’s not like Mike would use it responsibly. He’d probably use it to just get himself junk food and stuff and then keep it a secret. Obviously this is a borderline conspiracy theory since I don’t really have any evidence to back it up. But I think the fact that the pen is still at Courtney’s house and not already on the move somewhere else makes it more likely that Mike will pick it up than the Jakeem name drop.

2 Likes