Stargirl Is Gonna Die On CW

lets just hope for the best the show has great cast and geoff johns is amazing the show is in good hands dont worry

1 Like

For all the complaining I’m seeing about the CW, it’s worth noting that without the Arrowverse we don’t have Stargirl or probably DC Universe originals at all.

When Arrow debuted, comic book shows weren’t a hot commodity. That show built out its universe, spun off Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, and got major networks to launch their own DC shows (Supergirl on CBS, Gotham on Fox, Constantine on NBC). This year we got a LIVE ACTION CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS which is not a sentence I ever thought I’d type in my lifetime.

So say what you want about the longer seasons and the love triangles, but without the Arrowverse paving the way I sincerely doubt WB thinks it’s worth creating their own original shows based on DC Comics.

6 Likes

I believe the special effects will drop in quality but also I just don’t think other cw superhero shows have good production quality and writing (or at least not the same as DC Universe shows).

And I’m not discrediting Arrow in any way I am grateful for the boost the show gave in superhero tv shows but I for one don’t think any of the CW superhero shows match the quality of the DC Universe originals. It all comes down to taste but most do fear that Stargirl will drop in budget when it moves to CW.

Wow. This is the first time I am hearing about the DCU changes. :astonished:

1 Like

But no where does it say there going to fire and change writers. I bet they won’t change much staff and talent at all, if any. The CGI may fall a bit, but I think it would just be big things, not day to day power use. But we shall see. If you like the show, you should give it a shot. What if it’s just as good and no one watches it. That would suck.

Well, we will have until next summer most likely to find out what season 2 looks like. I’m willing to give it a shot just because I’m invested in this season and it’s been great. I’m gonna enjoy the final episodes and keep my fingers crossed. No use getting worked into a frenzy for nothing.

first reply lol but so star girl season 1 is being produced by dc universe people? and season 2 will be produced by cw people? am i getting this right? but why why are they gonna do this

1 Like

When I first saw the trailers for Stargirl, I was definitely not interested and thought it looked like crap. Boy was I wrong. I became hooked and the most recent episode just killed me. I didn’t expect it at all but it was a damn good episode. I do have the fear that the move might affect the quality but I’m just going to have faith. I didn’t expect it to be good but I was wrong, and I hope I continue to be wrong and that it gets even better.

1 Like

@miguel0930.71060. Yes DC Universe produced season one and CW is producing season 2. It’s just a money thing. DC Universe can’t afford to produce many of the original shows on their own. I would prefer they co-produced the show.

1 Like

I’ve yet to watch Stargirl because it already looked CW to me. Is it any good? Let’s say you’re coming at it with no understanding of the source material. Is it just good tv?

1 Like

It is good. Probably not that welcoming to new fans who don’t know the JSA. But it provides plenty of detail for those unfamiliar with the characters.

2 Likes

My wife loves the show and isn’t a comic book fan. I think it’s really accessible. Production values are much higher than regular CW shows, but it does star characters in high school so there is teenage drama.

4 Likes

better to get more episodes than to have it killed off entirely like Swamp Thing IMO.

hopefully they keep the budget and also the amount of episodes produced so the plot of the season isnt annoyingly prolonged

1 Like

I believe if they keep the same writers and main themes, I think it would help fix the arrow verse. Plus, it can lead the way for new hero’s to join the arrow verse, and join new hero’s/ hero team’s to the mix. Maybe they could add in different hero’s from other universes. The original Arrow verse is dead. Long live the new arrow verse!!

As long as the writers and actors aren’t fired, the show will be fine. It just means I’ll watch it on the CW app instead of DC Universe. If it does decline in quality, I just won’t watch it. Each show has a different purpose: Arrow was an intense crime drama involving vigilante justice; The Flash is your traditional superhero; Supergirl is a classic Superman story with a few ounces of feminism and politics (thank you, Lex); Legends of Tomorrow is a well-balanced blend of science fiction and humor and beloved blue plush toys.
Stargirl, until further notice, encapsulates the Golden Age of Comic Books with a younger, lighthearted iteration of the Justice Society. More episodes just means more fun! :grin:

Joining the Arrowverse isn’t the be-all end-all people are making it out to be. (It already is on Earth 2.) When Black Lightning joined the Arrowverse, the show still retained its theme and quality. If/when it does do a crossover, the result won’t be disastrous. Stargirl is a relatively new superhero, and I think it would be fun to juxtapose her/her squad with more experienced heroes such as the Flash or Supergirl. But for now, until each character receives an adequate amount of stories and development, the show won’t step outside Blue Valley.

Also, what’s this about changes to the DC Universe app? Could someone please give me a link to the confirmed changes?

2 Likes

Literally

1 Like

I hope so. I’d still be worried about their smaller budget, but a shorter season would ease my mind.

I guess I’ll follow her to the Arrowverse! I’m in it for the long haul now! I just hope it’s not a long trend for DC Universe that we as a community nurse a project and test it out and then send the really great projects, the star pupil off to another platform! Don’t get me wrong…I love everything about this service! The community is awesome! I have a library of comics in my back pocket at all times! The shows on here are so great! My favorites of anything out there these days! So I’m here for good! I just wish they wouldn’t keep jettisoning all the shows I actually watch! I’ll do my part to support Stargirl when she moves for season 2 and have to hope it doesn’t kill the coolest thing to come out of television in a long time! Rock n Roll!!!

3 Likes